Prologue

I've always been a hopeless romantic. From the time I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales, soulmates, and the kind of love that transcends time and space. I was convinced that somewhere out there, my Prince Charming was waiting for me, ready to sweep me off my feet and whisk me away into a world of happily ever after.

And then I met Mark.

He was everything I ever dreamed of—kind, caring, and oh so charming. We met our freshman year of college, in a crowded lecture hall where our eyes locked across the room, and in that moment, I knew he was the one. We fell in love slowly, like a gentle breeze that whispers its way into your heart until you can't imagine life without it.

But sometimes, in the quiet moments when I'm alone with my thoughts, I can't shake this feeling that something is missing. It's like there's a piece of the puzzle that doesn't quite fit, a nagging doubt that whispers in the back of my mind. Yet, Mark is everything I ever wanted in a partner—kind, caring, dependable.

This weekend is our one-year anniversary getaway, and I'm hoping that spending time together in this picturesque bed and breakfast will chase away all my doubts and fears. Maybe a romantic weekend at a charming bed and breakfast is exactly what we need to reignite the spark and reaffirm our love for each other. Maybe, just maybe, this weekend will be the turning point that I've been searching for all along.