The Black Hole

2 days ago, April 14, 2010

Mindy looks at the tiny printing on Chase's radar from her equipment. Knowing that he was approximately 33.9 million miles away from her, she could still feel his presence like a hippo trying to sneaking up on her. She imagined him on planet Mars, cracking jokes and goofing around to his other astronaut buddies. She calls to him through the mic.

"Chase?" she calls out.

"Wassup, Minmin?" he responds with humor. Little did she know that that was the last time she would hear his voice.

"Mindy!" exclaims her boss, Cooper, for the 85,203,371,272th time. He sat beside her, examining the radar which leaned in the middle of them both. "They have a job to do, and so do you! Now stop messing with your fiancé!"

Mindy blushed and rolled her eyes.

She continued to report the astronauts' whereabouts and scribble down a few notes occasionally on their location, all while daydreaming about her wedding that would take place in two weeks, until she heard a familiar, concerned, piercing scream coming from her microphone.

"Mindy! Mind- come in quick- no- Chase! WAIT! MINDY HELP!" screamed an obviously terrified Sasha, who was so loud that she seemed to hear her all the way from Earth to Mars.

"Wha? What happened?! Sasha!" Mindy cried. Cooper turns to her, annoyed, but she points to her mic, her eyes like meatballs.

"Yes it's me- send a space shut- disconnected to the shuttle- CHASE! JAN- send hel-" Sasha's mic finally blanks out, and her frantic voice is replaced with static as Cooper finally gives Mindy a concerned glance and grabs her mic off her head. He mutters words and orders at his worker, but Mindy can no longer believe what was happening.

Chase was now disconnected to the shuttle with 7 other astronauts with limited oxygen, no food and a wedding in two weeks? Mindy started to have a panic attack as she struggled to call out Chase's name over and over, hoping he could somehow hear it across the millions of miles that distanced them. She glanced at the radar and gasped in horror.

The planet that used to be Mars had somehow transformed into a swirl of black, dark madness, and the small, red dots that represented the young astronauts slowly sank towards it.

Mindy had a few seconds of confusion and terror as sweat matted onto her back and dropped down the sides of her face, but all the emotions that she ever felt turned to fear in that very moment when the realization set in.

Her fiancé was slowly getting swallowed by a black hole. And he might never come back.

Mindy suddenly felt nauseous and dizzy, and so overcome with terror, that she fell out of her chair and passed out on the floor.

HI ITS ME NIA AKA THE AUTHOR YOUR PROBABLY NOT GOING TO READ THIS BUT THANK YOU FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER I WILL UPDATE WHEN I WANNA SO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT AND LIKE AND DO WHATEVER YOU DO ON THIS APP :) I GAVE UP ON MY OTHER STORY (KIDNAPPED) BECAUSE THE STORY WAS GOING NOWHERE BUT I PROMISE I WONT ON THIS STORY BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON THIS SO YEAH. YOU ARE ALSO VERY WELCOME TO COMPLIMENT ME ON MY AMAZING WRITING IN THE COMMENTS BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME. MKAY. DONT DIE PLAEASE.

-Nia