Karen Hutchinson

Karen Hutchinson is modeled after my best friend Knar

Karen Hutchinson is modeled after my best friend Knar. Before ever publishing (traditionally) my original stories, before my first work ("Coven") ever reached completion, I was having an issue with a lack of substance in the work, largely a too-small-cast of characters.

It was 1996 when I first met Knar, I was dating a girl (Shabnam) who would eventually break my heart in four or five years to come.

Shabnam would go on to inspire a large part of the character Nadjia Sharif.

I met Knar, this olive skinned lanky kid with glasses, attitude, and a hell of a lot of fire on her eyes. She was a opinionated, and had a cautious kindness to her.

As time, and good fortune would have it, Knar would become my best friend, and not only my best friend, but the inspiration for Karen Hutchinson.

The build for Karen is based on about 80 - 95% of Knar's personality traits, and her physical likeness, 100% of Knar.

Karen is a pretty well balanced character, with a flare for instant animosity toward anyone who would hurt those closest to her.

She is for the character David Walker, a perfect counter balance. Where David is hesitant and a bit soft, Karen is direct, and can be abrasive. David has to be pushed past his breaking g point to lash out. Karen does not. The character will lash out if she is threatened, or if someone for whom she cares is threatened.

She is not eager for violence, but willing to visit it on anyone who is marked for it. David balances her out, acting as a reminder that not everything requires a hammer.