Prologue

|Bam's POV|

    My life was not fun. Like, AT ALL. It was dull, boring and repetitive. Waking up, going to school, training, doing homework and then sleep to prepare for another cycle of unchanging activities.

Mom and dad were always working in FUG, leaving their 13-year-old child alone since he was just 5. I got used to it overtime, but every now and then I missed the warmth of an actual family, and I just couldn't help but felt a hollow void in my heart when I returned to an empty home filled with darkness.

Mom said I was special, that I was the child in the prophecy born on the 25th night during an eclipse at exactly 12 o'clock and I was god's chosen angel. Well, I couldn't care less to be honest.
But at least I could see my parents during practices for the prophecy.

It basically said that the chosen one had immeasurable power and would be the downfall of the satan's minions, witches. Witches were hunted since the medieval times and it's impossible to completely annihilate them but I could supposedly do that. Again, couldn't care less. But from the moment I began my training, it was unexpectedly easy, as if my body was destined to it.

The training had 2 parts: magic practice and stamina enhancement. "You are the only one who could do magic blessed by the divine, not by selling your soul to the devil so remember to never be swayed from your path son". God all the pressure is cracking my nerves.

But i had to say that magic came to me so easily that I didn't even have to think, it just happened. I was taught to never reveal my identity as the FUG slayer nominee, and to always be on the look out for witches. Gosh kids my age are probably still eating dirt and I'm here as an undercover killer-to-be.

               Great, just great.

I was still young, so the training wasn't harsh and I still got free time for hobbies. My hobbies are just my small escape from reality that made my life more...bearable. I really thought I was going to die in lonesome, until a ray of light shine brightly through pulling me out of the dark cave that's been trapping me for 16 years of my life.