welcome.

June 1st. The beginning of a new season. For most young ladies, this news was utterly exhilarating: new fancy ball gowns, suitors as far as the eye could see. Yet for Charlotte, it was not.

Charlotte Hamilton was a bright girl of twenty years old, smart, talented at singing and playing the pianoforte, and breathtakingly beautiful. The young brunette had spent the first twenty years of her life living in Buckinghamshire, and now, she was being cast off to face the ton in London. Charlotte had been informed that she would be going to live with the Viscountess Bridgerton and her many children until her parents were to arrive. She was apprehensive about the whole ordeal, mainly because it was a new environment that she would have to get used to. But also because this was the perfect opportunity for her mother to marry her off, and she dared say there was a large chance the woman would succeed.

Her day commenced at exactly six o'clock in the morning. She fumbled out of bed and made her way to her closet. The girl quickly threw on a lilac dress with a flamboyant floral pattern laced with a silver lining. She put her hair into a neat bun on top of her head and strolled downstairs to where she greeted her aunt and cousin.

Charlotte was living with her widowed aunt and cousin. Her aunt's house was less than twenty miles from London, so her mother and father decided it was best for her to stay there before venturing into London, as the couple would be arriving nearer the end of the month. Charlotte's brothers would also be 'gracing' London with their presence just a week after Charlotte.

John was the youngest Hamilton boy at seventeen years old. John might just be the biggest nuisance Charlotte had ever come across. He would forever tease Charlotte about her love life and other silly things, often ending in small brawls between the pair.

Then there was Francis. He was older than Charlotte but only by four years. Charlotte couldn't really find anything to critique about her older brother as he was quite an angel. Out of her brothers, Charlotte would confidently say Francis was her favourite sibling.

And lastly, there was Philip Hamilton. Philip was the eldest of the four Hamilton siblings and quite frankly thought himself to be the best. You would've thought that Philip, being a thirty-year-old man, would be quite mature, but no, he was far too high in the instep. According to Charlotte, he was ever so childish, and she considered him the biggest rake within the whole of Buckinghamshire and most likely London. Although having a lot to say about her brothers, Charlotte still adored them immensely and surprisingly couldn't await their arrival.

"Good morning, Aunt, Cousin," Charlotte said while buttering her toast. Her aunt looked up at her with a smile and nodded, "Good morning, dear." Lady Hemming, Charlotte's aunt, was an extremely sweet woman with an even sweeter look. She wore a bonnet tied with a large bow, around which there were bright flowers in all sorts of colors: aventurine green, topaz yellow, you name it, she had it sitting there on her head. Her dress was the most elegant yellow, adorned with frills and bows galore. Although it was not Charlotte's idea of heaven, she rather liked it.

"Good morning, Charlotte. You look well," William, Charlotte's cousin, looked up from his book and gave her a charming smile before returning to his copy of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice.'

"As do you, Cousin," she said calmly.

Charlotte stepped into the carriage after bidding her aunt and cousin farewell.

"Write to us, won't you, Lottie!" pleaded William as he shut the door to her carriage. She smiled warmly at the boy, "I shall write to you as soon as I arrive, Bill, don't you worry!" And with that, her carriage set off for London.

⭑・゚゚・*:。.。:*゚:*:✼✿・⭑✯・⭑✿✼:*゚:。.。:*・゚゚・⭑