CHAPTER: 51| BETWEEN US (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!!!

*UNEDITED*

****************************************************************

This could be good for me
Lately I was feeling like I
Need a purpose
But when you talk to me
Give me the impression that I
Don't scratch your surface.

And I could walk for days
Searching for your place
Is it even there to find
Is there a chance for me
To be in your memories
Where I slowly lose my mind

Lost in your maze
Stuck in your gaze
How can I get out
(How can I get out)
I'm out of time
To make you mine
Dare you, show me how

Laiba was walking down the hallway in trance, her fingers fiddling with the button dangling in her necklace, a small smile playing on her lips, her eyes glazed by images, back from room.

Aariz.

How he was standing so close to her.

His voice.

How he said his name in her ears.

His touch.

How he held her hands in his.

Everything was replaying in her head and she was breathing, breathing and breathing it all in.

Lost in your maze
Stuck in your gaze
How can I get out(How can I get out)
I'm out of time
To make you mine
Dare you, show me how

With all that in her head, she climbed the stairs and reached the rooftop, from where she absentmindedly made her way back to the café.

Inside, the girls were chitchatting and sipping their coffees.

When they saw her coming, they all stopped talking and waited for her as she wheeled and took her seat in the front of them.

They were assessing her, their eyes zigzagging over her form.

And the moment their gazes fell on the button, their expressions began changing.

*********************************************

Aariz walked into her twin towel drying her soon-to-be-husband's drenched hair, who, by the way was seated on a beach chair, completely soaked from head to toe.

"Seriously?" He snatched the towel from Areesha's hand and threw it on Rehaan's face, "Help yourself." He pulled his sister to him.

The wet towel slid down Rehaan's poker face and fell on his lap while Areesha just let out a sigh.

"There's only four day left for our Nikâh. Get over it, Aariz." He retorted.

"You should be thankful I'm letting this marriage happen at all. Now, move." He folded his arms over his chest and gestured him to leave the chair.

Rehaan looked at Areesha who was standing behind her brother.

Smiling, she mouthed 'I love you' to him and that was all it took for him to forget just how rude her brother was being to him and to stand up from his seat.