7 »

...𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒽𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓈...

ᶰᶤᵃ

C 》If you are who I think you are, then this should be fun.

Nia curled her knees up to her chest and glanced at the photo Caspian sent, excited the conversation was going well. Then deflated upon taking a closer look.

He stood in front of a mirror, casually showing off a thirst trap photo worthy of an eye-roll. Most of his face had been cropped out, which left a portrait from his jaw line down to his waist. Shirtless. Toned skin and a set of immaculate pecks blended into a seamless, well defined six-pack.

Another text came in and broke her momentary trance.

C 》Oh and by the way, this is a real photo of me, unlike yours XD

Her face flushed. How had he already called out her bluff?!

Bastard must've used reverse image search...but if he knew she sent a borrowed picture, then who did he think he was really talking to? And why text back?

She closed out the messages and considered deleting the whole thing. This was a waste of time.

...Was it? After all, he was taking the time to respond. She rubbed the indent between her eyes, trying to wake up her frontal lobe and invigorate her logic system. The only thing being stimulated here was her curiosity. Now she understood why the cat needed nine lives.

Did he know it was her? How? That was impossible, he didn't have her number and they had only spoken a couple of times.

Reasoning with herself, she figured no harm would be done in continuing the conversation. The messages could be deleted anytime and there was nothing that would force her to reveal her real identity.

Reopening the conversation, she once again admired his impressive physique. These muscles weren't the bulging bricks of often described in erotic fiction—no, he was more polished, and looked quite...

No! Shaking her head, she reprimanded herself for thinking of Caspian in that way.

Then she realized, if Caspian could search up her image, she could do the same. Chances were nothing would turn up, but it was worth a shot. All she needed was a decent portrait for her character description. Something to inspire her. She held no personal investment in this, and after she got what she wanted, she'd move on and forget the conversation ever happened.

Pulling up three different reverse image search engines, she uploaded the photo to each. The first two came up blank. In the third, there was a single result; not an exact match, but the background was the same and this one included his head. Seemed he liked to reuse selfies.

She clicked the link and found a personal blog written by a girl at their university. A series of posts stretched over the course of six months and documented the blogger's freshman year. Nia scrolled down to the earliest date and began to read, the rest of the room fading as she became immersed in the screen.

The tone of the posts started happy and carefree. The blogger embraced her college experience, got by with average grades and went to the occasional party. At one of these parties she met an irresistible flirt—obviously Caspian—and he managed to get a kiss along with her phone number.

Nia clicked her tongue. Caspian's smug attitude made more sense now. He was used to getting what he wanted. Ignoring her imagination as it drifted to what a kiss from him might be like, she skimmed the next few posts.