Just Me

15 years old and about to have my first child, not even in 9th grade yet but it's about to happen. Scared to death I'm just a child myself and now I'm about to be a mom and raise a child, how the hell I'm going do that? Let me tell you now it wasn't easy not even a little bit, but with the help of my family we made it happen. Many people put me down told me I wouldn't finish school told me I wasn't going to be nothing in life. Do you know how hurtful words like that can be especially coming from people that's supposed to love you. Now not only do I have to prove them wrong (which I did) I also had to show my child how much of a blessing she was to me. Because trust me I wasn't going down the right path of my life before she came alone. Now did I make many mistakes? Hell yea I was a child so I did childish things. And I did many childish things because I still wanted to be a kid. Did I put my mom through some things? Yep I sure did what parent want their child to be a mom at 15 years old? None but she stuck by my side. We didn't have a perfect relationship and we had many battles, but she helped me when I needed her the most. I was able to finish high school and got my high school diploma plus did some college courses. I end up becoming a nursing aide and thinking about now becoming a licensed practical nurse, plus one day maybe a author.
I was young so I grew up with my kids and was able too enjoy them and learn with them and from them. I was lucky to have a family that had my back and held me down, because I know it's many young girls out there who don't have that and they doing their best to hold it together for themselves and their child. It's not easy being a teen mom when you yourself is still a child. It's nothing to be ashamed of but it's also nothing that should be a trend. My kids was not mistake's they may not had been plan but they are for sure my blessing.
Now that I'm older and looking back on my past do I regret any of it? Hell no because it gave me two beautiful daughters a son in law and five wonderful grandchildren. It also taught me how to love and enjoy life and live and learn but not to dwell and be miserable. I really enjoy celebrating their birthdays and celebrating Mother's Day because those are holidays to me. I smile a lot because I know what I been through in life and it didn't break me. With God and faith and prayers I made it and I'm still making it and I'm completely grateful.