Author's Note & Copyrights

I'm going to regret every paragraph of this story when it's over, I can feel it

I'm going to regret every paragraph of this story when it's over, I can feel it. But, it's too good, or bad, to resist writing it, depends on the authors you ask.
The things I had to search for this.
I know I'm now on a watchlist.
(Hey, guys, what's up? Liking my search history?)

Fun fact time, this isn't the first time I'd done a Alice in Wonderland retelling or with a drug lord...

I originally had this idea at thirteen. And what the fuck I was doing at thirteen, writing mafia romance when I never even kissed someone before, I have NO idea.

I didn't even like the mafia tropes at the time, yet two poorly written chapters in, and Alice (the original title) had blown up.

I chickened out and took it down.

Here I am now, though, twenty-four years old. The mafia and CEO trope on Wattpad has aged up with the audience that originally loved it, and even more? It's steamy. (Looking at AndiBlackbird , whose stories with assassins and spies are a beautiful example of this.)

I began to see the appeal to it, and actually found an ancient draft on a decade-old thumb drive with an outline of a story. I decided to give it... how do the kids say...?

A glow up?

Do keep in mind, this isn't something to be romanticized.

This isn't falling for an abusive mafia gangster, or the controlling CEO. Kids, don't date gangsters, and if you're going to date a CEO, get that bag and leave.

I mean, what.

...

We all know we're just here for the spicy scenes.

Don't lie to yourself.

(If you or anyone you know is in an abusive relationship, please contact a hotline or friend or relative for assistance.)

This story has also been written to appease my wishes when reading a story

This story has also been written to appease my wishes when reading a story. The following are some things you shouldn't expect out of this story, given the trope.

Pregnancy.

"Damsels in distress" trope.

Nonconsent (while this story does contain a club, a drug ring, whips, chains, and a dungeon... no sex scene is without clear consent. Y'all won't get that outta me.)

Character with some traumatic backstory like their parents sold them to the mafia. (Why can't we just have characters who are FUCKED UP for no reason? Makes it fun. I have C-PTSD. Trauma is NOT FUN. Stop romanticizing that shit.)

WHITE RABBIT is a work of fiction

WHITE RABBIT is a work of fiction. Any similarities to any persons, living or dead, is coincidental and unintended by the author. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted by any means, electrical or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information and storage retrieval system, without permission in writing from the author.

All rights reserved
Copyright 2023© Emerald (Lady-Emerald)
The cover design was created by @-belllawrites

If you see this book on any other platform besides Wattpad, please PM me and immediately exit the platform you were reading on.