18

Chapter 18: Daniel

I'm not sure what I expected him to sing. Maybe something cute and bubbly and bright. Cheerful.

Or even something sad, about shitty parents or expectations.

This is neither of those things, I quickly realize. I'm not really following the words, too caught up in just how much I like to hear Jace sing. He's got quite the voice, and the energy to match it. He looks...ecstatic. I'll have to go here with him more often, if he's willing to go on more dates.

I know there are more intense and suggestive songs out there. But damn Jace making eye contact with me and talking about having his hair pulled is...something. Something I'm not sure how to react to, but judging from his wide smile and the heat rising to my face, I've reacted the way he wanted.

I wonder if he'd like his hair pulled? I shake my head a little, sipping on my drink that I still haven't finished to get those thoughts out of my head. I shouldn't even be considering that kind of stuff with him. It's our first date.

But what if he does like having his hair pulled? What is he into? Obviously bondage. But what else?

Jace hops up to sit across from me, his hair messier than usual. "So..."

"Do you like hair pulling?" I blurt out, blushing darker.

Jace giggles. "I'm not sure. It sounds hot, but I'm not a big masochist so I don't know. But maybe light hair pulling would be fine. I'd have to find out. What about you? Do you like hair pulling?"

"Never experienced it, but I think I will. I've always found that appealing, along with a sub leaving scratches on my back when we...you know. That thought has always stuck with me."

"Oh, yeah, that's hot. I agree."

"What other kinds of things do you like?"

"I would like to play around with sensory deprivation some time," Jace says casually. "It looks interesting. But I know some things I don't want. I mentally can't handle degradation. Like, at all. I'll cry or have a breakdown. No blood. No knives. No...Um...bodily fluids that aren't normal for sex, in general."

"Oh, good. Those are all limits for me too. I'm also not into breathplay."

"Me either. That's scary."

I nod. "Yeah. Easy to mess up."

Jace yawns, covering his mouth with his hand. "I saw you blushing when I sang. So you liked it?"

"You have an amazing voice. And yeah. But you were making eye contact. How could I not blush?"

Jace giggles. "That was my goal. I thought about doing Joystick, but I didn't want to make you explode. Maybe next time."

"Are you tired?"

"A little. But I don't want the date to be over yet."

"Do you want to sleep over?"

Jace tilts his head. "Like actually, or do you wanna have sex on our first date? Like I wouldn't bitch about the latter, but I'm not Jacque. I'm not just going to take people out, fuck them, and then bail."

"God no Jace. I meant just an actual sleepover. I have an air mattress. Or you could have my bed and I could take the air mattress since I'm sure that's beneath you."

"I...I'm not taking your bed, Daniel. Again, I'm not Jacque. He's a prick about that shit. I'll sleep on the air mattress as long as you give me a blanket and more than one pillow."