31

CW: Mentions/Brief Discussions of Assault and Attempted Assault

Chapter 31: Jace

My phone ringing wakes me up. The sound makes my heart sink, and I grasp Daniel's sleep shirt tightly before I realize that it's Cameron's ringtone. I take a moment to calm down before I answer. "Hmm?"

"Just keeping you updated. That bastard? Yeah, he's threatening to have Jacque arrested for choking him out."

"...that's hypocritical."

"Yeah. So now I'm having to rush home from Jules' house to handle that before Jacque gets more pissed and beats him up again. Max is on his way, too. To keep Jacque level-headed."

"How are you going to handle that?"

"I'm going to none-too-kindly point out that if continues with doing so, then I'll have him arrested for attempted sexual assault against you, and actual assault against other submissives that have come forward about having had a 'session' with the bastard."

"...Oh no. Are there...a lot?"

"Four, so far. I've been in contact with anyone I could find that had worked with him. For evidence reasons."

"...I hope they're alright. He seemed like he could do a lot of damage."

"Yeah. It-I swear to fucking god if you cut me off you son of a-" Cameron huffs, and I hear his horn blaring. "How's it going with Daniel?"

"Good. We played Minecraft. I accidentally blew up part of his castle but he said it was okay and Avery fixed it. After breakfast, I'm going to rearrange one of the closets here."

"Good. I'm glad you're relaxing. Oh god, Max had to drag Jacque outside. I have to go."

He hangs up before I can say goodbye. Daniel shifts, yawning as he half pushes himself up. "Hungry. I smell bacon."

"Your parents are up already?"

"Dad usually is. Mom usually sleeps in. C'mon, let's go see the food."

I pause, frowning. "Aren't we supposed to get dressed before breakfast? Isn't it wrong to go to meals in your pajamas?"

"I once went to breakfast in my boxers. My parents don't care as long as we don't show up naked."

"...huh." I get out of bed first, and Daniel joins me shortly after. I let him go into the kitchen ahead of me, hearing him happily greet his father.

"Good morning to you too, Jace. Did you sleep well?"

I nod as I pull out a chair. "I slept surprisingly well, Mr. Lacosta."

"You can call me Ty." He pauses to look back and smile at me. "How do you like your eggs, Jace?"

"Scrambled, please. With cheese, if you have some."

"Alright. How many eggs?"

"Um...three is good. Thank you." Daniel sits across from me, stretching. "Would you like help?"

"No, thank you though. I prefer cooking on my own. Goes quicker. I'll just get coffee brewing first, for when Charlotte wakes up. She's cranky without her coffee."

"Mmm how dare you? I'm not cranky." I jump a bit in my seat, turning to look at the doorway. Daniel's mom is standing there, a robe half tied at her waist. "Sorry to scare you. Good morning, Ty. Good morning, boys."

"Morning, mom."

"Morning, Mrs. Lacosta."

"Jace, you can call me Charlotte."