34

CW: Mentions of exhibitionism (none happens, but it's mentioned nonetheless. Light discussion of sex, and an offered blowjob.

Chapter 34: Daniel

Jace and I have only just sat down when Jacque demands everyone get a glass of wine.

"I'll pass. I don't really like to drink," I say, glancing around. "Aren't you going to get in trouble? How did you even get wine?"

"Cameron got it, I just told him what to get because his taste in alcohol is awful."

"Excuse me? It is not."

Jules snorts. "Wellllll...You genuinely think beer is good, so..."

"It is!"

"It's really not."

Jacque gestures at her, grinning. "Even your girlfriend agrees with me." He passes a glass to Jace, then takes the bottle and puts it by his own glass.

Max clears his throat. "No. You aren't binge drinking the wine. Put it by my glass, Jacque."

"I'm not going to binge drink it! It's just to refill. I agreed to only drink two glasses, and I'll...probably stand by that."

"Uh-huh." Max takes the bottle anyway, kissing Jacque on the cheek before he can argue. "Thank you. Do you want me to order dinner for you?"

Jacque shrugs. "...Just order me whatever you get. I don't even want to look at the menu."

Jace makes a small noise next to me. "Daniel?"

"Hmm?" I turn to Jace. He's blushing a bit, looking up at me. "What is it, Jace?"

"Will you order for me? Please?"

"I can't say no to that face."

Max chuckles at the interaction. "They make the same puppy eyes," he comments, eyeing Jacque fondly. "Except I can say no, and do it all the time."

"He says that, but really all I have to do is say one word and I get anything I want. But I'll spare Max the embarrassment."

Max raises an eyebrow, slinging an arm around Jacque's should and leaning over to whisper something to him. Jacque blushes, but only for a second, slapping Max in the chest. "That's what I thought."

The talking subsides as a waiter comes over, and all of our orders are taken, and then Cameron gestures at Jace and I with the hand that isn't tangled with Jules'. "So you two having any luck apartment hunting?"

"We're looking at one after school Monday. From what I saw online, I think this one suits us. But we need to see it in person before we make a decision."

"I can't believe both of my little brothers are moving in with their partners. Jules and I are looking at cute little houses in the suburbs. Space to grow...Just in case."

Jace tilts his head, then gasps. "OH you two can have babies! And you want babies!"

"One baby, hopefully only one," Jules says, grinning. "I don't think I could handle more than one. And we aren't actively trying for one just yet. I want to get more settled first. What about you two? Plans for the future?"

"I...I think I'd like to get a collar soon. And be like...publicly with Daniel as my dominant. But mostly the collar. It means a lot to me."

"Funny that you mention that...Jace, wanna see what's in the box?"

Jace's eyes widen. "Daniel you didn't..." He takes the box I offer him and tears it open, wincing as the wrapping cuts into his finger. He doesn't seem to care, though, just sticks his finger in the edge of his mouth to lift out the collar. "It has a bell!"