Thanksgiving: BONUS SAMPLE 🌸

ᶜᵃˢᵖᶤᵃᶰ

Imperfections on the road rumbled under the tires, blending in disjointed melody with the radio's subdued song. Caspian tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as he drove, each passing minute like a countdown to disaster.

Unlike going away to college, he wasn't sure this new development would feel like rolling out the red carpet and entering center stage in all his glory.

No, that part was reserved for Nia.

She sat beside him, small hand cradled in his. He feigned a calm demeanor as best he could and mindlessly stroked her warm skin. Their destination was the country club his step-dad owned, the place where Caspian had agreed to meet him for the first time, and where not only his mother, but Nia's mom would be meeting them as well.

A large family-style Thanksgiving for company executives and their guests was what the invitation had said; one that happened to include catering and required formal attire. The tie around Caspian's neck already threatened to choke him to death, if his nerves didn't get the job done first.

"This is really happening," Nia spoke, breaking the illusion Caspian had conjured in his head that they were just on an ordinary drive, on one of their typical date nights.

"Yeah," he replied. He didn't want to say more and risk sounding as nervous as he felt.

Nia flipped her hand over and entwined their fingers. Though his eyes were busy looking between the road and the GPS, he felt her study his face.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

When he swallowed, that damned neck tie pushed further into his skin. He cleared his throat. "Ready would be hard goal to achieve, baby girl." He gave her hand a light squeeze. "But since I have you, I think I'll manage."

The rest of this bonus chapter has been moved to my Patreon (link in bio)

The rest of this bonus chapter has been moved to my Patreon (link in bio). For those unfamiliar with the site, Patreon is a platform where creators offer exclusive content in exchange for support. As an independent self-published author, even the smallest support makes a huge difference.

Thanks again for reading.
💘 Siberia