4- The Sudden attack(2)

Shaurya searched for Annaya and Isha in the dense woods as his ears registered a baby crying. He ran in that direction and found a hut. He carefully took Isha in his arms and looked at her. She was looking at him with those innocent and cute eyes. They warmed his heart, and his guilt became heavier with each passing moment.

As they landed on Earth, they found themselves in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Shaurya sighed with relief and marched towards the family's home. He heard that their third child went missing on the same day Isha was born. She was also a girl. But when he looked for further information, he discovered that the daughter had died at delivery, but the staff was afraid to notify the family.

He disguised himself as a hospital employee and entered the royal gates. An elderly woman sat in the garden and looked at him and the child in his hands, confused.

"Mam, I am from the hospital, and this is your baby who accidentally got shifted to the hospital nursing room." He informed her, and she began to cry. She called a servant from behind and spoke with him.

His heart ached while doing that. With that, he returned to the White Realm, and suddenly he couldn't feel his legs. He attempted to move, and Tamasvi, Anaya's cousin, smirked. The situation before him was more important than he thought.

He was sure that news of the sudden disturbance would have spread throughout the realms. Before him stood his sister-in-law, wearing her trademark malevolent expression and a cruel smile on her red lips. She exuded an aura of darkness, embracing it whether in her surroundings or others.

Her power-holding capacity improved over the years; even in a hope-filled environment, she could cast a dark spell. She had a black heart, filled with hatred, crude feelings, and evilness.

She had always adored Shaurya, but he and Aanaya were meant to be, and she had lost him to his soulmate. In this multi-realm, if one does not marry or acknowledge the other, eventually they die.

She held grudges and wouldn't let go of them easily. Her thoughts and restraint had led her to this opportunity for vengeance. Her broken black heart seemed to have healed a little after the birth of her son, but it was all a rumour. Had she changed, such an act wouldn't have taken place.

Her feelings of jealousy and hatred overpowered her sense of love and critical thinking. But she was conscious that the guy before her had a golden heart and was so pure and kind that he did not hold grudges.

Agony and reality had painted his heart with harsh lines of truth he had to accept, barely able to hold them. The incident had shattered the little hope that took birth.

He wouldn't have let them into his castle of recognition if he knew the people he knew would betray him. This castle contained everyone he had ever known—some faded, and others very much alive.