The Caring Siblings

Five years went away in a blur. The Rathore family was doing well and kept going up and up in business. The siblings now were older but still their cuteness.

Anushka turned six last week, whereas Rohan and Vaishnavi turned five. They were all running around in the garden when suddenly they heard a voice calling their name and they ran towards the source of the voice.

"All three of you come here in an instant." 
Their grandmother said in a strict tone. She has always been like that, STRICT. Well, more like afraid of spoiling them. She doesn't want them to be called spoiled, ill-mannered, and rude children of a rich family. 

"Are you all forgetting something? Well, think fast you have 10 seconds." She asked them and they all started to count the tasks assigned to them.

"We have a break of 10 minutes and maybe the time is over by now." Vaishnavi was the one to answer in a cute tone. She looked at her grandma with eyes filled with truth and innocence.

"Well, the time is not over yet, you still have 5 minutes. So, till then drink this milkshake to regain your strength." Radhika said showing a tray, holding three glasses full of chocolate milkshakes, in front of them.

They grabbed a glass each and sat comfortably on their small chairs. They were enjoying the shake to their fullest, slowly tasting every bit of chocolate. 

"Now your next task is to place your toys in their right place." She said to Rohan.

"Anu, you have to settle your books in their right place." 

"And Vaishu you... You have nothing more to do. You are all done. So come with me to the temple." She said still looking at the sheet of paper.

"How can she not have any task left? I saw her reading some story books. She would have left them at that place only." Rohan said with a pout not believing that his little sister is way faster than him.

"She cleaned the place after reading. I saw her." Anushka said in support of Vaishnavi.

"Still, there would be something left. She is not some supergirl or something." They continued to fight while Vaishnavi was enjoying her milkshake. She felt careless. 

"Don't fight!" She said calmly and sweetly looking at her siblings fighting over a worthless topic.

They turned to her but again started fighting. She just shook her head.  
She was about to go to her room but then she remembered that she forgot her drawing pencils in her study room. She turned in that direction but again her brother came and ran away pulling her hair. She ran after him, they were looking like Tom and Jerry. But she tripped over her feet and fell hard on the floor, making her knee bleed.

She let out a painful cry to which Rohan turned around and ran towards her to see what happened. He saw her knee and crouched down beside her.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have pulled your hair. And this would not have happened. Sorry, Vaishu." Rohan apologized.

"You don't need to apologize. I should have been more careful." She explained not wanting her only brother to feel sorry.

While their brother-sister moment was going on Aditya came and saw both of them sitting on the cold floor holding each other's hand. 

He came and stood behind them, not noticing Vaishnavi's knee. When both of them sensed someone's presence, they looked in that direction only to find their papa standing there with raised eyebrows.

"I-I d-d-didn't d-do t-t-that i-intentionally. W-we w-were p-playing a-and s-she g-got h-hurt." Rohan said shuttering. Fear is visible in his voice. He knew that his father will not do any such thing but still, he had a powerful and scary aura around him which was enough to scare that poor little soul in front of him.

He looked at his son and saw tears escaping from his eyes. He then turned to look at the girl who was holding the hand of her brother tightly and looking at him with moist eyes.

He didn't like the way they were fearing him. He knelt in front of them and patted Rohan's head and then his eyes fell on Vaishnavi's wound. He picked her up and made her sit on the couch. Then he bandaged her knee and when he came back, he saw that Rohan was already helping Anushka and Vaishnavi was sleeping soundly there on the couch.

He picked her up carefully and went towards her chamber and laid her on the bed and tucked her in the blanket. Seeing his little princess he said in a soft tone,
"Rest for a while. It's been a long day, princess." and went.