1**The Ex I Meet Again

...........
7:56PM
"It hurts really bad" I complained

"Don't be a baby, it's just a small injury" Owen assured me as he carefully placed a bandage on the little injury on my right leg.

"It's a small bruise being treated by a swimmer with zero expertise, I haven't had an injury in a long time but I'm very sure it's not meant to hurt this bad" I said

"Danielle we're waiting!" I heard my older brother call from downstairs

"Jackson is going to notice the injury and then he'll start asking questions" I whined to Owen

"Just tell him you were riding your bike and then you fell off" Owen suggested

"This is the last time I'll ever sneak out with you to your uncle's office to steal your mum's letter, I don't know why you don't want to talk to her"

"I told you that she's just going to try and convince me to relocate to meet her in Africa and I don't want that, I'm satisfied here, if my uncle sees that letter, he'll try to convince me and I don't want that" Owen explained

"Does your dad know?" I asked

"He's been quite devastated since the divorce and it just seems like anything about mum seems to upset him"

"Danielle! Don't make me start suspecting things Owen!" I heard my brother scream

Then Owen and I gave each other a quick glance, due to my brother's statement, then gave each other a look of utter disgust. We could never be any much more of what we already are.

I introduce to you my ride or die, best friend, twin brother from another mother...and father, number one person in the whole world to me....Owen Adams. The good-looking, brown-haired, dark brown eyes, popularly adored heartthrob, who is also the best swimmer I know, and nicest person on earth. We have been best friends since we were three years old so right now we are a product of a thirteen years friendship.

We rushed down the stairs to go meet my brother in the kitchen.

"Finally, you two are here, help me set things up for dinner, Hareton will be here anytime from now" Jackson told us.

Jackson is my twenty-two year old kill joy brother who is basically my legal guardian since my parents died. Hareton is his best friend and his parents were also best friends with my parents and ended up drowning with them when the four of them went on a trip for a week. So basically, Jackson is my legal guardian and he takes care of me with my nineteen-year old cousin, Zach, who just lives with us purely to escape adult supervision and to catch some fun with me but I think it's mostly because of the first reason.

Meanwhile, Hareton is the legal guardian of his eighteen-year old younger brother, Marcus. Together we are all one big family who live directly opposite each other so we're not really a sad house despite the 'no parents'. The only thing....I mean person...that actually stops us from having the time of our lives is Jackson who will list a million and one consequences for every action you try to take but then there's Zach who never listens to him and Hareton who tries to persuade him to not be strict. It has actually been like this for the past five years and it hasn't been bad at all.

"We have arrived" we saw Hareton step in alone

"Hey" I smiled at him as we had a small hug

"How you doing Owen?" He gave Owen a handshake

"What do you mean by 'we'?" Jackson asked

"My brother has decided to finally return from Canada to spend the summer with us" Hareton informed us and as if it was perfect timing, Marcus stepped in.