A different sensation

*Vaishnavi's POV*

We were going to land in Mumbai in a few minutes and my anxiety was on the surface. Visiting new places is not new to me but shifting to a completely different place is not mine but everyone's first time. Daddy is an exception, he keeps going on business trips. 

"Feeling anxious?" Mom asked not letting her nervousness be sensed but I know deep down she is also nervous.

"Yeah, a bit. Shifting to a completely new place is not habitual and leaving all of them just for a scholarship is not worth it. That's according to me. Any suggestions or lessons?" I elaborated and in some sense I mean it.

"Umm-hu. No suggestions or lessons. I see my princess is all grown up. Just make sure to not talk about our family there. Although most of the rich families send their children there only. I heard some rumours about bullying there. I know that you know self-defence very well but your didi doesn't." 

"Why? I mean, yeah, we have different tutors but why doesn't she knows it? After all, she is the eldest daughter." 

"Well, she never showed any interest in that kind of stuff. You know na, she is girly. While you are tomboy types." And she laughed at the end.

"What's with that laugh? Being a tomboy is not bad or something. And like you said types not fully, okay."

"No, it's not. But I just remembered what your par-dadisa said when for the first time, when you were five, she let you choose your dress and you picked jeans and a top. While she wanted you to select a frock." And she again burst into laughter but tried to keep it low. I hit her arm a little feeling offended. 

'Dear passengers. Please secure your seatbelt we will be landing shortly. Thank You.' 

An announcement was made and I buckled up. Safety is first and foremost. 

"Sorry but that scene keeps coming in front of my eyes and I can't help." She explained.

"Okay" then I noticed her seatbelt was not buckled up, "Maa seatbelt," I told her pointing at it.

"Oh. Ya. Thanks."

After some time we landed and me and maa are waiting in the waiting area for Daddy and Rohan as they are gone for taking some snakes. And didi dozed off sitting only. Her head was on my shoulder and she was snoring a little. 

I saw Dad and Rohan coming and they were holding only a few packets of chips, curls and a few water bottles. They gave all the packets tMomom and she stuffed the in the free handbag.

I woke Didi up and we left the airport, where outside a man in his forties or fifties was standing with a template in his hands saying daddy's name. I think he is that person Dadasa was talking about. I forgot his name. 

We moved towards him and he bowed to Daddy. And Daddy was in his king attitude fully, nodding only. Yeah, now I feel like he is daddy. Because on the plane he was all silent with his lover... I mean a laptop. 

We all got inside the car and didi again dozed off. Daddy and that uncle were talking about something outside the car and then I saw Ma also join the conversation. I shifted my gaze to my right and saw Rohan was also ready to doze off anytime. Soon both of my shoulders were occupied. But for some sick reason, I felt good.

We all are in the car and I am feeling kinda awkward, I am the only child awake. Why? Why are these two feelings so sleepy? It's only 7:30 pm. I looked outside the window and felt a gaze at me and from the corner of my eyes I saw daddy looking at me and the environment suddenly became heavy and tense. I can sense that they want to talk but are not talking because I am awake.

For 15 minutes I am wishing for sleep to take over me and finally, I am feeling a bit sleepy. And without knowing I dozed off.

~~~~

With a jerk I woke up when the car jumped, straining my neck. I tried to fix my posture but both of them were still asleep. And now due to pain in my neck, I can't sleep. And to minimise the pain I again got to the previous posture and closed my eyes not to focus on that. 

And then I heard Daddy's voice. It was so deep and rusky that it sent a chill down my spine, the same feeling I had approximately 8 years ago. And what he said shocked me but I maintained a calm and in-sleep face.

"Maybe our enemy got to know that we are coming to Mumbai. And I just received a call from my childhood best friend and he has invited us to his house, maybe Babasa told him. So turn the car towards his house."

Who is our enemy and how do they get to know? And childhood best friend? Daddy, maybe, told us about him. But the biggest problem is we are going to someone else's house. 

God save me! And he didn't say anything after that.

After staying in the same position I got tired, so I opened my eyes slowly and yawned. And Rohan was also up so I straightened myself a little. Didi is still sleeping and I got a reason to tease her now.  She always teases me by calling me an oversleeper. Now you are done for didi. 

Soon we reached there and a different kind of sensation came near me. I suddenly felt my heartbeat rising. And I saw a family of four standing at the gate for welcoming us. Their mansion was good and.... big, I guess. I am used to palaces so it's small in front of that but that's not a  problem.

I looked at the members and the boy, yeah now I can breathe peacefully. It was Aayush's house, how come I forgot about them?