Comfort

*Anushka's POV*
I saw Vaishnavi abruptly turn, but I grabbed her hand to stop her from getting a bad image in front of the Metha family.

We all greeted each other, and the younger took blessings. We all sat around the dining table and talked until the food came.

"It's good to know that Aayush and Vaishnavi are still friends even after being apart for two years," said Aayush's mother, whose name I forgot.

"Yeah, Aunty," Vaishnavi said in a fake polite way. Which, maybe, didn't go unnoticed by Ma because the very next second, she was glaring at her.

"But now see, that was also four years ago since we shifted, and then you came after two years," said Uncle Abhishek.

"Yeah, time flies. It seems like it was only yesterday that we came to meet you straight from the airport. Had it been two years already?" said Ma. 'Yeah, it has been two years since we came to Mumbai.' I thought.

"Well, any plans for summer vacations?" asked Aayush to Vaishnavi.

"Ya. We are thinking of going to Jodhpur to meet everyone. It has been a while." replied Vaishnavi with dreamy eyes. Of course, she missed those people. Well, I do too.

"Don't make that face," said Rohan.

"Why, is it yours?" argued Vaishnavi.

Soon, Aayush joined, "She looks cute in that. Vaishnavi, you make that face. I'll also see who stops you." 

"Who are you?" asked Vaishnavi.

I burst into laughing seeing his face, and all others also joined, while Vaishnavi just shrugged. 

"I do what I want," she said, pointing towards them.

"You kids go to Aayush's room, and I will send Khushi there." We all nodded and left.

To be honest, I was feeling bored without her, my best friend. 

"Let's play truth and dare," Rohan suggested, and to pass the time, I also agreed.

"I go first," announced Aayush. "So didi, truth or dare?"

"Truth" I announced.  "Who was your first-ever crush?"

"Such a childish question!" said Vaishnavi and Rohan in unison, making a face.

"Humm, it was Chris Evans," I answered. 

"In real life, not celebrity," he argued.

"One question at a time," I informed.

Vaishnavi and Rohan laughed saying 'good one', with a thumbs up.

"Me now!" beamed Vaishnavi. "Rohan, truth or dare?"

"Truth" 

"Which girl do you think will propose to you?" She asked sitting on the edge of her seat.

"Nia!" he exclaimed while getting shy.

"You think any girl will propose to you? Do you want a girlfriend with this monkey-like face of yours?" Vaishnavi asked teasing her twin. I just sighed listening.

"At least I have the option to propose. You don't even have that, right? And you don't like someone or do you?" Hearing this Vaishnavi scoffed. She didn't like the thing about proposing, and about the last question, only she knows.

"I have the option! And, what if Iike or dislike someone? The choice is mine!" She argued in a high-pitched tone.

"Stop both of you, this instant!" I shouted at them to avoid any further bricking. 

They both became quiet while Aayush just stared at them in disbelief.

"You two fight also?" he asked with amusement.

"Can't we?" Vaishnavi asked with a calm tone.   

"No, it's just that you both are the example of  perfect twins." He informed.

"Weren't we playing truth and dare?" I asked to avoid any further discussion on this topic.

"Drop the idea." They all said with a bored tone.

"Hey, dummies!" Khushi's voice rang through the drop-dead silent room.

"Hi! Long time no see." I exclaimed and ran towards her, as she leaned a little forward to hug me.

We sat in a corner chit-chatting but observed that the rest were doing unusually silently weird things.

"Hey there! What are you doing?" Khushi asked and they all turned their heads towards us.

"Planning a murder," Vaishnavi answered with a deeply toxic gaze filled with excitement.

"Of a senior girl," continued Rohan with a playful smirk and an arched eyebrow.

"Nah! Actually, two. In our school." continued further by Aayush with sacarsam.

It sent a chill down my spine and I felt a hand wrap around my arm and I screamed. I heard another scream and saw Khushi trembling a little.

"How can you guys be so dark?" She asked in a little voice.

"Just like that," Vaishnavi responded in a casual tone and shrugged.

They returned to their previous position and we were looking at each other in utter shock.

Soon enough we heard footsteps, seeming like some people were running and the next second the door burst open.

"What happened?" Uncle Abhishek asked while panting.

"Are you hurt or something?" Asked ma. While coming towards to inspect.

"Nah! They just got scared of a spider, right?" confirmed Rohan asking us. And without thinking much I nodded.

"But-" I cut Khushi short and said, " We got scared of a spider. Nothing much to worry about."

"You sure?" Asked babasa.

"Yes," I answered and they left.

"Did you get scared?" Asked Aayush.

"Yes! To be honest." Khushi answered.

"Dude relax. We were just messing around with you." Vaishnavi said and Rohna nodded in agreement. I felt my muscles relax.

"Don'you do that again. Ever!" Khushi yelled.