can we just lie here for a moment-L.F

I was lying in bed, wrapped up in blankets, feeling lonely without my boyfriend, Luca, by my side. I missed the warmth of his embrace and the comfort of his presence.

We had been together for a few months, and I had grown used to having him around all the time. But today was different. Luca had hockey practice, and he had to leave early in the morning.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table, it was already 2 pm, and Luca had been gone for hours. I wanted nothing more than to have him by my side, cuddling and watching a movie. But I knew he had to practice hard to make it to the playoffs.

I grabbed my phone and decided to text him,

to Luca ❤️"Hey, how's practice going? I miss you."

I waited anxiously for his reply, hoping he would tell me that he missed me too and that he was coming home soon. But instead, he replied,

From Luca ❤️"Practice is intense today. I'll be home late. Sorry, babe."

My heart sank. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I wanted nothing more than to have him here with me, holding me tight. I decided to call him, hoping that he would hear the pain in my voice and understand how much I needed him right now.

"Hey, Luca. I really miss you. Can you please come home soon?" I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I wish I could, babe, but I can't. The coach is making us work extra hard today. I promise I'll make it up to you," he replied.

I felt my frustration building up inside me. I knew he had to practice, but I just couldn't take it anymore. "Can we just lie here for a moment, even if it's just over the phone? I just need to feel like you're here with me," I said, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Of course, baby. Let's do that," he replied softly.

We both lay in silence for a few moments, listening to each other's breathing. It wasn't the same as having him here with me, but it was something. It was a small comfort that made the distance between us feel a little bit smaller.

"I love you, Luca," I said, breaking the silence.

"I love you too, babe. I'll be home soon," he replied, and I knew that even though he wasn't here right now, he was thinking about me, and that was enough.