My personal heater...-E.E

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock blaring in the darkness. It was still pitch black outside, and I could barely make out the outline of my boyfriend Ethan's body as he got up from bed. I groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers up to my chin.

"What are you doing up?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Practice," he replied, his voice muffled as he rummaged through his dresser for clothes. "Gotta get ready."

I groaned again and closed my eyes, trying to block out the noise. But Ethan was always an early riser, especially when it came to his martial arts training. He had been practicing for years and was determined to be the best, even if it meant waking up at the crack of dawn.

I heard the sound of the bathroom door closing and the water running. Ethan was getting ready for practice, and I knew he wouldn't be back for at least a few hours. I felt a pang of loneliness as I lay in bed, wishing he could stay with me just a little longer.

But then I heard the bathroom door creak open, and Ethan's warm body slipped back into bed next to me. I could feel the heat radiating off of him, and I snuggled into his side, seeking comfort in his embrace.

"My personal heater went away," he joked, wrapping his arms around me.

I giggled and nuzzled my face into his chest, feeling safe and content in his arms. I knew how important his martial arts training was to him, but I couldn't help feeling a little envious of the dedication he had to it.

"Are you cold?" he asked, rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"A little," I admitted, shivering slightly.

He pulled the covers up around us and held me close, his body providing a warm shield against the chilly morning air. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent, feeling grateful for this moment of intimacy before he had to leave.

We lay there in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the warmth and comfort of each other's company. Then Ethan leaned down and kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll be back soon," he whispered.

I nodded and snuggled closer, not wanting to let him go. But I knew he had to go, and I didn't want to hold him back from something that brought him so much joy and fulfillment.

As he got up to leave, I watched him gather his things and head out the door.