It's alright-N.M

Mentions of losing a pet...

One evening, I was sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the TV. Nolan walked into the room and sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

"It's alright," he said softly. "It's okay. I'm here now. I've got you."

I couldn't help but cry. It was as if his words gave me permission to let out all the emotions I'd been holding in for the past few weeks. I cried harder and buried my face in his chest.

Nolan rubbed my back gently and whispered comforting words. He told me stories about his own experiences of losing a pet and how he coped with it. He reminded me that Pepper had a good life with us, and we gave her all the love and care she deserved.

He also shared stories about the funny things Pepper did and the memories we made together. His stories made me smile, even if it was just for a moment.

Nolan didn't try to fix things or tell me to stop crying. He simply held me and let me cry. He was my rock, my safe haven, my comfort.

After a while, my tears subsided, and I felt calmer. I pulled away from Nolan and wiped my tears. He handed me a box of tissues and gave me a gentle smile.

"I'm sorry," I said, feeling embarrassed about my emotional outburst.

"Don't be," Nolan replied. "I'm here for you. And I'll be here as long as you need me."

I smiled back at him, feeling grateful for his presence in my life. Losing Pepper was hard, but having Nolan by my side made it bearable.

We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. Nolan didn't need to say anything, and I didn't need to hear anything. We were just there for each other, and that was enough.