Ananya: Back home

Before reading this part, run to Spotify and play 'Mast Magan'

*******************************************

"Mumma let me sleep" I yelled from my room as mom and dad were waiting for me downstairs.

"Ananya get ready in 5 else you won't like the consequences." mom retorted.

We came back from Manali at 12 noon and I've been sleeping since then. It's 7 pm now and my parents want me to accompany them at Dad's office party after they accomplished a successful collaboration with some of their partner company. The party is hosted by Dad and a close friend of his, Mr. Verma. 

With no other option left, I got ready, after taking a quick shower, in an all black short dress.

"Elegant" I mumbled to myself before stealing final glances from the mirror and heading downstairs as we drove off to the party.

"Mom why was I even needed here" I mumbled to mom as we are now entering the grand hall, sumptuous interior screamed nothing but richness. Mom and dad walked in as I was the one feeling single.

"Mumma sb apne pati ke saati aye hain (Mom, everyone is accompanied by their husbands)" I said as I was shut with a single glare by mom

"Mumma sb apne pati ke saati aye hain (Mom, everyone is accompanied by their husbands)" I said as I was shut with a single glare by mom. Her go-to-weapon.

"Greet everyone properly" mom said as I was too uninterested to attend this official party.

"Greetings! Mr. Verma, so good to meet you" dad greeted his close friend, his company partner.

"Glad to meet you as well, Mr. Chopra." he said as they professionally shook hands, when mom greeted Mrs. Verma.

"Mr. Verma, meet my daughter, she is youngest researcher at London Library." dad said to him. 

Dad definitely never misses any opportunity to praise me.

"You're so talented beta. Mr. Chopra, my son is here as well, we'll meet at dinner." he said as I lazily nodded at him.

Mom and dad got busy in greeting and meeting their clients. I was supposed to be with them for the dinner now, till then I was extremely bored as I decided to have something. 

Atleast we got food here. I was lost in my own thoughts when I collided with someone, heels ain't helping either as I lost my balance and was about to fall when an arm wrapped around me protectively. I opened my eyes only to meet with familiar dark brown orbs.

Avinash, what was he doing here? Him dressed in formals with black suit, hair properly combed with black Chelsea boots.

Hot.

"Ananya, careful baby." he said helping me stand properly. 

"Avii?" I asked, dumbfounded. 

"It's party co-hosted by my dad's company, Verma Cooperations in successful collaboration with his partner firm."