PROLOGUE

KYLE'S POV :

I started reading the letter which was kept on my desk. 

"SORRY FOR NOT TELLING YOU THIS IN PERSON BUT I DON'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO TELL YOU THIS KYLE..... I LOVE YOU KYLE, MAYBE YOU ARE MINE, MAYBE YOU ARE NOT. BUT, YOU NEVER SAID IT YOURSELF THAT YOU LOVE ME OR THAT YOU ARE MINE. YES, I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR CARING NATURE AND PROTECTIVE ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME BUT..... DO YOU LOVE ME? IS THAT A LOVE OF FRIENDSHIP OR MORE THAN THAT? REASSURE ME THAT YOU ARE MINE, REASSURE ME THAT IF I FALL, YOU WILL CATCH ME... KISS ME LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW, LOVE ME LIKE WE WILL SEPARATE NEXT SECOND, HUG ME AND NEVER LET ME GO... PLEASE JUST TELL ME ANYTHING. BECAUSE I  AM AFRAID TO THINK THAT IF ALL OF THIS IS NOT TRUE AND I AM JUST PREDICTING, IT WILL HURT LIKE HELL LATER. IT IS BETTER TO GET HURT RIGHT NOW THAN LATER. YOU SAID YOU WANNA STEAL MY HEART, RIGHT? YOU IDIOT, IT WAS YOURS FROM THE DAY WE MET... HOW CAN YOU STEAL SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY YOURS?  I WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH KYLE. AS SOON AS YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER,  COME TO MY APARTMENT. 

To The Love of  My Life, 

from A shitty and messed up best friend, Maryn

I felt my cheeks wet from the tears, the tears I didn't know existed. I was shocked by seeing myself all angry, frustrated, and feeling guilty from this letter in my hands. "I LOVE YOUR MARYN. SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU DARLING BUT IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD", I think to myself. 

I suck in a sharp breath and tuck my hair back, ready to pretend I don't love her and tell her to stay away from me. But will I be able to look into her eyes and say this fucking lie to her face and cause her an immense amount of pain? Ughhhhh..... But, I can't risk her at any cost. I have to do this. FOR HER. 

My anger and heartache take over me and I continuously punch the wall till I see my red blood and swollen knuckles. She will definitely freak out after seeing my hand so I wrap a bandage around it to cover my wound. I text her:

Me: Hey Maryn, Can I come to your apartment now?

She immediately sees my message and replies:

Maryn: Umm, yeah sure. 

I was about to put down my phone when a new message from her popped up. 

Maryn: Kyle listen, Don't get awkward or something, Okay? I know I am being a little too serious but now I think we should make things clear. 

Me: Hmm you are right. 

God, This girl. I LOVE HER. FUCKING SO MUCH. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you will like it Dear.