A Note On This Omegaverse & Triggers

This is NOT a shifter book. This alternate universe is basically like ours, just with some different human biology that can resemble animalistic traits.

In this world, Alphas are considered the dominant and most powerful of the society. Betas are considered mellow and usually take on all kinds of roles. Omegas are seen as precious and are typically soft and gentle, needing a pack to balance out their nature.

Packs tend to consist mostly of many Alphas with one Omega and sometimes a Beta or two, but variations exist, just as they do in our world.

Here's some quick terminology in case you get lost:

Pack: a group consisting of Alphas, possibly Betas, and an Omega (sometimes more than one). Packs are necessary to keep Alphas from going feral, and to keep Omegas safe and taken care of during Heats.

Heat: this is something Omegas go through, to signal that they're ready to be mated. It's painful, or more like a desperate feeling, and causes an Omega's sexual drive to reach peak levels. A heat does not always result in a pregnancy, however, if the Omega is on birth control. This is just an unavoidable, natural biological thing Omegas go through, kind of like a period for women in our real world... just way more fun that a period. The scent that an Omega gives off during a heat can put an Alpha into Rut.

Rut: something an Alpha goes through during an Omegas heat. This allows the Alpha to have increased stamina, so they're better able to get the Omega through a heat as quickly as possible with as little pain as possible. An Alpha can also go into rut if their sexual levels go into overdrive, even outside of a heat.

Perfume/Scent: an Omega can perfume, which is basically just projecting their scent further out, catching Alphas' interest. All Alphas, Betas, and Omegas have their own natural scent, which allows each other to know if they're a good match or not. If an Omega doesn't like an Alphas scent, that means they will not make a good pairing, and vice-versa. An Omegas scent can be very appealing to Alphas and Betas, and Alpha scents/pheromones can be very appealing to Betas and Omegas.

Slick: something an Omega creates to get them ready to take an Alphas knot. It also just happens when they're aroused.

Knot: a hard, well, knot, at the base of an Alphas penis. An Omega's most basic need during heat is a knot, as it makes them feel fullest and closest to their Alpha.

Courting: this is something Alphas (and Betas) do to show interest in an Omega. Basically, they give tons of gifts to the Omega and make her feel safe/wanted, and show her that they're a pack who can provide what she needs/wants.

Mate/Mate Mark: mating is what happens when you have sex and give an Omega a mate mark. Only Alphas can give this mark, so packs tend to have Alphas bite all of them so they can all feel connected, even if they don't have sexual relations with all members of the pack.

This is a very quick and simple overview. If you ever have more questions, please feel free to drop them in the comments, and I'll respond ASAP!

 If you ever have more questions, please feel free to drop them in the comments, and I'll respond ASAP!

Below I want to add some trigger warnings. So if you don't want anything to be spoiled/have no triggers, feel free to scroll ahead and I'll see you next chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

TRIGGER WARNING:

I don't tend to like writing these anymore, as I feel they give too much away. However, I also know that mental health matters, and I would never want anyone to put themselves into harm's way over a book. So I will be giving you a heads up, but I will also be keeping it vague.

Eloise is a flawed and damaged character. She has lived in the facility she's escaping from, for her entire life, and so she will find some things brand new, and others she will have read about/watched on tv. She has no real identity yet, relying solely on these escapes from reality, and so she'll have a journey ahead of her as she finds herself and learns the world around her. I guess what I'm trying to say, is to forgive Eloise if she comes off quite naive, but that's how her character is meant to be as she grows.

She has suffered unimaginable abuse at the hands of her captors. This is not limited to only physical abuse.

There will be bouts of self-deprecation, depression, severe anxiety, possible self-harm in more than one way, and just dark thoughts in general...

However.

In every dark tunnel, there is a spot of light. And Eloise gets 4 spots of light. These men are very protective and your typical alpha-holes, and even though they're everything Eloise could ever want or need, it's going to be a journey for all of them, because as we all know, love can't cure the shit that goes on in our heads. So even though I'm going to let Eloise tell her story, and even though it'll be dark and gritty, and even though I'm going to do my best to rip your heart out and make you cry... I'm also going to do my damndest to put it back in, to wipe your tears, and to give Eloise the Happily Ever After she deserves.

I guarantee a happy ending.

If you need more of a warning, please feel free to post a comment, or send me a message to my inbox. I'll do my best to respond ASAP!

And, I feel like this is already plenty clear, but I feel like I could scream it until I'm blue in the face and yet I'll still end up with comments like:

"Wait, she ends up with all of the guys? That's definitely not how it should have gone!"

and

"She's such a hoe, and she's stringing these guys along!"

...THIS IS A REVERSE HAREM WHY-CHOOSE BOOK. That means that our lovely Eloise will not have to choose between her four delectable men by the end of the book. She gets. To keep. Them all!

On the same subject, this Omegaverse book may be different from others you've read-- it's just how it happens sometimes. This is NOT a werewolf book. There are NO shifters. These people just live in an alternate universe where human biology is more animal-like.

 These people just live in an alternate universe where human biology is more animal-like

Scroll to Chapter One and let's get started!