THE ARRIVAL

ABOUT 30 DAYS TO SAVE THE WORLD:

Thirty days.

The countdown has started, North America shivers under the shadow of a massive alien spacecraft, and humanity is hurtling toward an unknown future that lurks at the end of the timer. Somewhere, somehow, the heroes are making their plans to fight the extraterrestrials.

But this isn't about them.

From the team at Writers ConnX comes a new anthology about the rest of us - the average, the ordinary, the unassuming- and the many paths we run when our time is cut short.

And no damn aliens!

THE ARRIVAL

"What the fuck is that?" Harlan Withers shrieked, finger pointed directly up at the sky above.

He was lying on his back, smoking a joint on the roof of the Waffle House where he worked, so there was no one else around to shriek at, but when things just appear out of nowhere, sometimes a man's got to shriek.

His finger should have been pointed at something in the night sky, but while that was technically what it was doing, what was going on was a hell of a lot more complicated than Harlan's brain was currently equipped to handle.

The wide open sky was gone. The splash of stars that Harlan enjoyed watching the hell out of every night was now obscured by something impossibly huge. Distant circles of blinking red and blue lights were scattered across a black, unmoving expanse that seemed to go on forever in all directions, all the way to the horizon. The night sky had been obstructed in the blink of an eye as if it had never existed.

Harlan dragged his gaze from the thing high above, over to the half-smoked blunt in his hand. It was his nightly mid-shift treat, and while it gave him a decent buzz to get through the next couple of hours until the morning crew arrived, it had never given him hallucinations before. His gaze returned to the sky, where his finger was still pointing, and then the enormity of exactly what he was seeing hit him all at once: it was a fucking U.F.O.

A gust of wind struck him, plastering his hands down at his sides, the gravel on the roof biting into his exposed skin. No dammit, he didn't want to die like this, lying on his back on the roof of the Waffle House. It wasn't fair! He hadn't even finished his joint, and that shit was expensive–

Two seconds later, the wind died out. Harlan swore he heard the rattle of cars and trees getting the shit shaken out of them, but at that point, all he could think of was getting the hell off the roof. He needed to tell someone right now!

"MARIA! CALL NINE-ONE-ONE!"

***************************

IF YOU LIKED THIS:

• Go read the real thing on the @writersconnx profile, along with all of 30 Days to Save the World! The link is in the inline comment.

• Promote and review the anthology! Any visibility we get would be wonderful. You'd definitely be doing us a solid!

• And, if you want this anthology in your hands as a HARDCOVER, PAPERBACK, E-BOOK, and/or AUDIOBOOK, then support the Kickstarter!

THE KICKSTARTER: (link in the inline comment)

There's only 3 days left to support us on Kickstarter! These are some of the perks you can get if you pledge:

• Digital Devotees: Grab the Kickstarter-only ebook, filled with all the stories and exclusive bonus content. Once the campaign ends, it's gone for good!

• Print Enthusiasts: Get your hands on our beautifully designed paperbacks and hardcovers, complete with Kickstarter-exclusive covers and bonus stories. And you can only get one of our gorgeous dust jackets through this campaign.

• Audiobook Adventurers: Dive into the action with our professionally crafted audiobook, yours for a special Kickstarter price.

• Extra Goodies: From digital wallpapers to pins, stickers, tickets to WritersConnX 2023 and more, there's something for everyone. Our tier packages offer the best value, but you can create your own bundles combining your preferred tier and your favorite add-ons.

Still unsure? Check out our stretch goals for the final week!

THE OTHER AUTHORS:

Rodney V Smith @iamRodneyVSmith Bianca Di Cocco @Bdicocco

MB Dalto @druidrose

Jane Peden @JanePeden

A.B. Channing @SmokeAndOranges

Eliza Solaris @authorelizasolares

Jinn Tiole @jinnis

Crystal Scherer @CrystalScherer

Cayleigh G. Kennedy @CayleighKennedy

CC Starfield @ccstarfield

Nova Nicalynn @NovaNicalynn

Leigh W. Stuart @BindingTies

Franklin Barnes @FranklinBarnes

Mags Lorang @chaotic_naturx

Evelyn Hail @EvelynHail

Lorraine Tremain @MermaidAriel13

Fiora Voss @FioraVoss

J. A. Jumphol @JJJOOOYYY

Bethany Swafford @thequietwriter

Jamie Lemon @lemonhoax

Mittu Ravi @dreamsinwords

Julia Esposito @jule009

Cardin Watts @SayWatt74

Mikaela Bender @MikaelaBender

Jovi @Rivojovi

Sam Camp @Sam_le_fou

Mhavel Naveda @MhavelN

Brittanie Charmintine @BrittanieCharmintine

Van Carley @Van_Carley

Henry Scott @henry_scott

Melody Grace Hicks @MGHicks_reloaded

David Thirteen @DavidJThirteen

C. S. Solarys @kristianabooks

H. J. Nelson @hjnelson

Vee Lozada @veelozada

Eli Gregory @EllisVanWyk

Kristin Jacques @krazydiamond

Ben Sobieck @BenSobieck

We're so excited for y'all to read these awesome stories. Thank you for your support!