Chapter 3; Royalty

[Dirt Road, Forest]
[11:06;21 - 499]

He aimed at a huge Ork's head that he suspects to be the leader and double-tapped him, aiming at a nearby Ork he does the same. This time Josh aims at a crowd of smaller Orks, he fires a burst and kills three when he is noticed by the knights who are busy fighting off the rest of the Orks.

Josh inserts a new magazine and cocks the handle after killing a crowd of orks, he moves up to find dead bodies of knights and Orks. Reaching the left side of the road he aims his rifle to the right and finds two girls huddled together near the rolled carriage with the body of a dead knight in front of them.

Aiming to the left he finds 4 Orks rushing towards him, he then invites them to death with a Burst killing them. Looking back he finds the two girls looking at him in curiosity, he looks in front of him finding no more Orks.

One of the girls looked at Josh who had green eyes thanks to the NVGs, happy to have some help. Beside her is a maid, to be specific. She is a Princess and beside her is her maid.

Her maid; Yavia, had collapsed due to mana exhaustion after killing 4 Orks. She was injured in her leg.

The convoy of hers was heading back to the Capital when they were ambushed by Orks. The ambush had killed half of her knights before this strange soldier arrived.

A while later the sounds of battle started to dissipate until it was entirely gone, silence of the night remained on the dirt road.

Josh had expended three magazines and was confused, he had dropped two magazines earlier and now he has his pouches filled with magazines. Checking the magazines he finds them to be full, dropping his now empty magazine he inserts a new one.

Cocking the handle he looks at the ground to find the empty magazine laying on the dirt, looking now at the mag pouches he is beyond confused after finding out the pouch he got his magazine from had a full magazine.

Slapping himself he decides to check on the two girls earlier, turning a corner he finds knights beside the two girls in a torched-lit area.

Security, Josh had thought. By that time the knights took notice of Josh and pointed their swords at him but excluding two knights who were injured, one of the knights spoke to him in an unfamiliar language.

By the posture of the said knight, he is warning Josh or asking why he is here.

He answers, "US Army, 75th Ranger regiment. IDC; 3482-9273-7491," telling his former identification from when he was still in the 75th.

The knight confusingly looked at Josh, not understanding a bit of what he said. Josh only sighed, he turned around and started walking back towards the forest when suddenly a shout came from behind.

"Wait," In perfect English, he turned around finding it to be one of the Girls he had seen.

He looks at her in the eye, but before he can either do something or say something; He blacks out suddenly, his body falling to the ground...

The princess looked at the body, perplexed as to what had happened. Moving closer she saw that the soldier was wearing a strange garb, it looked dirty but she ignored it and instructed the knights to get him up and wait for the reinforcements.

[Guest Room 7, Royal Palace of Stamen]
[12:26;45 - 499]

Josh's eyelids flickered open instantly, looking around he found himself in a room. Not just any other room, a royal-looking room to be exact.

Disregarding where in Athena's name he is, standing up he checks his equipment and weapons. After checking his body for anything missing, he thankfully finds his pistol and vest still on him.