The Stranger

Roshni's POV

Why did they have to put Nikah and Mehendi on same day. I'm already so tired from Nikah and they have Mehendi now.

Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Roshni Kabir Khan and today is, Noor, my elder sister's wedding. Since we had decided to have all the wedding celebrations together for the bride and the groom, the groom's grandmother wanted the Nikah first followed by all other ceremonies. Nikah is the actual wedding where they sign the document and register their marriage.

Zain, the groom and Mahnoor who is also known as Noor, the bride met due to me. Yeah, Zain is my best friend and he fell in love with my sister. So this wedding is really special to me and I put my soul into it for getting it together.

It was 3PM in Texas and all the relatives who joined us online from Pakistan left the zoom call after speaking to each other for around hour after Nikah ceremony as it was mid night there. These online attendees couldn't come because their prior commitments like Mubraiz or Major Mubraiz, who is maternal cousin had to report back to his army camp.

Menhendi was planned to start from 7PM but I'm quite sure it's not gonna start before 8PM as I know my family really well. Speaking about family, both my parents are doctors, Dr Kabir Khan and Dr Ayra Khan, my sister is an aspiring lawyer and I'm still in my university pursuing final year of Masters of Business Administration (MBA). My maternal family stays in Pakistan whereas my paternal family passed away in a terrible accident.

After 4 hours

"Roshni call Zain's brother and ask them if they are ready" Ordered my mom as she ran across the hall to check on the food arrangements
"Roger that Doctor!" I exclaimed grabbing my phone to search for Zaroon's number.
Zaroon is also with me in the university but he hates me because Zain loves me more than him😜, but I guess he is going to steal Noor from me as she is already taking the side of her 'sweet brother-in-law.'

"Hello, Roshni right?" Someone answered Zaroon's phone. It was not Zaroon because he can't be this formal.
"Yes, I called Zaroon to ask if they are ready and in how much time will they be reaching" I explained presuming that he might be some relative.
"Oh we are on our way and a big surprise awaits you Roshni. Also don't blame me that I didn't inform you" warned the stranger and disconnected the call. It was fishy and his voice was addicting. It was deep and heavy. It had a pinch of excitement and warning but was full of confidence.

What is the surprise and who was he?