do you want solutions or comfort?-R.M

I slumped onto the couch, my backpack falling heavily to the floor with a thud. The weight of the day seemed to crush down on my shoulders, and I let out a long, exhausted sigh.

"Rough day at school?" he asked, setting his book aside and giving me his full attention.

I nodded, feeling a wave of frustration wash over me. "You have no idea, Rutger. It's like everything is just piling up, and I can't catch a break."

He reached out, gently squeezing my hand. "Do you want solutions or comfort?" he asked, his voice soft and soothing.

"I think... I think I need a bit of both," I admitted, leaning into his comforting touch.

Rutger nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Okay, tell me what's been going on."

"It is tough I'm falling behind in all my classes and I just don't know how to catch up. But... I don't know. I feel like there has to be a way to make it better, you know?"

Rutger nodded, his eyes brightening with determination. "Absolutely. Let's brainstorm some solutions together."

As the evening wore on and the sky outside darkened, Rutger pulled me into his arms, holding me close. "You've got this," he whispered, his voice a comforting reassurance in the midst of uncertainty.

And for the first time in a long time, I believed him.