Expect the Unexpected

Altamash POV

As I held her by her waist, the smell of fresh flowers brushed through, and for some reason, having her in my embrace felt right. Her long, wavy hair softly slapped my hair as she tried to balance herself in my grip. My thoughts came to a halt when Zain arrived to summon her to meet her father.

Sensing the tension in his voice, I understood my surprise had arrived and therefore acted as if I didn't know anything and enquired, "What happened Zain???"

I leaned closer to her and whispered, "Suprise awaits you light!"

Her face fell pale, and she started to breathe heavily. She had so many questions and was expecting an answer from me, but I'm sure my surprise was the answer to all her questions. Zain dragged her to the room across the garden as she tried to speak something. I could vividly see the chaos in the room, they were all arguing, but I failed to spot my surprise in that room rather, there was a man in his late 20s who stood silently, occasionally stealing glances at Roshini.

Why is he looking at her like that? Why can't he just look at her straight? I already don't like him, but wait, where is my surprise? I made some calls only to realise my surprise needed to wait

Why is he looking at her like that? Why can't he just look at her straight? I already don't like him, but wait, where is my surprise? I made some calls only to realise my surprise needed to wait. A loud sound erupted in the background, catching me off-guard. Zaroon pulled me on the dance floor, where I saw her gracefully dance and I have to admit, she is pretty and an okaying dancer. Okay fine, she is beautiful and dances really well. I don't think I'm the only one admiring her, there was this man in white kurta doing the same thing.

As I took a closer look, he was a well-built man with a tolerable face. He was looking at Roshni as if he was gonna eat her alive but why do I care if any man looks at her. I don't care about her, I'm here for a reason. A scream drew my attention back from my thoughts, as I followed the sound of the scream, my eyes popped open and I started to run as Roshni was about to fall but till the time I reached, he caught her.

 A scream drew my attention back from my thoughts, as I followed the sound of the scream, my eyes popped open and I started to run as Roshni was about to fall but till the time I reached, he caught her

Okay, I don't know why but this human being is really pissing me off and I slowly slipped to position beside Zaroon and asked "Who is he?" pointing towards the white kurta guy.

"He is Mubraiz, Major Mubraiz from Pakistani Army and I think he likes Roshni"