Family Reunion

Roshni's POV

Wait what did he say!!!??? He is the Stranger

Before I could react I was already half way through the hall.

As I entered the room, my mother was sitting on the couch with her hand on her forehead and there was a familiar figure standing right next to her. My feet felt numb as I walked towards my mother, she never looked like this, her eyes were red and pearls of sweat were sliding down her face.

Getting all my courage together I asked "mama what happened? Why is Mubraiz here?"
With shivering voice she replied " Nanu( maternal grandfather) is diagnosed with Leukaemia and we are flying him here but he said he will come here only if you get married to Mubraiz"

Wait what did she just say, she said Nanu is flying down so they agreed. What about me and how on earth did Mubraiz agree!!!

My thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice " Roshni, I know this is a very difficult situation for you but I promise I will give all the space you would need and if you ever feel that this is not turning out well, I will pull the plug myself"

As I rose my head, I found a pair of eyes gently looking at me. He was wearing a white glittery kurta and the colour was complimenting his wheatish skin tone. He was Mubraiz, Major Mubraiz Khan, my maternal cousin.

"I think we should all go out as the matter is sorted as Nanu agreed to come here, Noor doesn't know about this and we can't spoil her big day" Zaroon said smiling empathically at me.

He made sense and I had no other option. Nanu's health is important and Mubraiz is a nice person too. To coverup the whole situation Zaroon played songs and pulled me for a dance.

As I danced, a pair of eyes were constantly staring at me, it was not like other people looking at me while I dance. Those pair of eyes belonged Altamash and he had so much in his eyes, trying to decipher what they hold I tripped.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the arms of Mubraiz. It was awkward and I pulled myself up and adjusted my dress. As I did so, my gaze fell on an old man in his late 60s or early 70s, he was held by Altamash and they made their way through the hall to the Dias.

" Papa!" Exclaimed my father with tears.