Chapter 9

Percy

Jude's mother must have been given an exorbitant amount of money, more money than Jude and I could ever imagine. Why else would she do what she did? My parents would never have sold me or my sisters to anyone for any amount of money. She must have been desperate or just a despicable person. No matter how desperate, I'd never understand how a mother could abandon her child, leaving him to die. There had to be a way to find out who did this to Jude. I bet there were others out there like him.

But why Jude? Why was he chosen? And what connected me to him?

In his apartment, Jude settled onto his worn-out couch, ready to dive back into work. "I'll just be a few minutes," he said, opening his laptop.

"I guess I'll take a shower." I didn't know what else to do with myself. As I stood in the shower, I noticed mold in the corners of the ceiling. This place was such a dump. I bet Jude paid eight hundred or a thousand dollars a month for this place, too. Rent was astronomical in this state. I considered inviting Jude to stay with me. My parents were pains in the ass, but they wouldn't want anyone living in a place like this.

Without knocking, Jude entered the bathroom. When I pulled back the shower curtain, I saw him standing at the toilet, his back turned towards me. "Sorry. I had to go. I can't work. I tried, but I can't. I'm too fucking tired." After flushing the toilet, he undressed and stepped into the shower. "I'm tired, Alonzo." He fell into my arms, resting his head against my chest. "I can feel your heart beating. Thump... thump... thump."

"That lets you know I'm alive." Jude relaxed in my arms as I lathered his hair with shampoo.

"I'm glad you're here. I might not act like it, but I am."

"I know." He tilted his head down, letting water beat down on him as I combed my fingers through his hair, rinsing the suds out.

"When I go to sleep tonight, I'm gonna find you. I don't know how, but I have to. It's the only way."

As I pressed my lips on Jude's neck, he let out a soft gasp. He moaned quietly as my hand slid down his body. "You make me feel really good," he said.

"It's good to know I can do something right."

"You do lots of things right." His body shuddered as my hand brushed over his groin. He placed his hand on top of mine and pressed it firmly against him. "Let's get outta here." Turning off the water, he reached for a towel. With the towel wrapped around his waist, he shot me a flirtatious grin over his shoulder. At least we had something to look forward to.

As I dried off in the bedroom, Jude lay on his side, watching me. "I wonder how much money they gave my mom. I bet it was a shit load, huh? I hope she blows it all on junk and ends up homeless and penniless... or dead. I fucking wish she was dead. I sure as hell won't help her if she comes crawling back to me, begging me for help like she's done a million times before."

Approaching Jude, I carelessly dropped the towel on the floor.

"You have a nice body," he said.

"You don't have to flatter me." I lunged forward, pushing him playfully on his back. As I straddled him, he ran his hands up and down my chest

"I'm not."

He caught me by surprise, pinning me down and wrestling me onto my back. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer as his lips met mine in a passionate kiss. My hands shook as I squeezed his ass. "Why are you so nervous? You wanted to do it again this morning, remember?" He kissed my lips again before scooting down my body.

"You're the only guy I've ever been with... the only guy I've kissed or hugged. My dad doesn't even hug me. You're the only guy who's ever done that." Holding my thighs, he planted kisses all along my pelvis, culminating in the middle. He slid his hands up and down my chest as he sucked.