Truth

Altamash POV

Why does this woman affect me so much? I don't know why Agha Jaan Trusts her. She doesn't seem trustworthy. Ah, I have to leave this place as soon as possible. 

"Hey, Mister, I need to speak to you", she screamed as I made my way through the hall. I know she would ask about her grandfather and his relationship with me, but this is not the right time. Therefore, I played around with the words, but if someone points their fingers at me, it triggers me real bad, and I pulled her by her hand close to me with less than two fingers distance between us.

She smelled like fresh flowers; her scent was refreshing, and I wanted to be there for some more time, away from reality. She has something in her that constantly pulls me towards her, and I can't stop myself. I'm not someone who roams around pulling girls closer to him, but she makes me do all these things. Her moon-like face was adorned with pearls of sweat, and that inquisitive look made it even more appealing. God! someone help me!  This girl is going to make things difficult for me. 

"Roshni!! What are you doing here? Mama is searching for you." exclaimed Noor, as I returned to my senses and let go of Roshni.

"yeah, Noor, I'm cominn" Before Roshni could complete, Noor dragged her and started giving details about Mubraiz and how their engagement was sent to be done next week Friday, which was precisely ten days away. 

"Friday, wait, I'm not ready, Noor. I said yes for Nanu's health, but I need time. Noor, I'm freaking out. I know Mubraiz is a lovely human being, but I need time to know him and accept him. I don't feel the butterflies when I see him, unlike..." She suddenly stopped to check on me, but her eyes spoke volumes.  

I couldn't face her and, therefore, decided to leave the place, only to be stopped by Zaroon. 

"Hey Altamash, Agha Jaan(Grandpa) is calling you. He wants to introduce you to his family," Informed Zaroon, pointing towards the house. I nodded and followed Zaroon, crossing the two sisters.

As I entered the house, there he was,  standing close to Agha Jaan, Mubraiz. He looks like a monkey, and I don't know why her parents are even considering getting her married to him. Most importantly, why is Agha Jaan so into him now? He hated him till yesterday, and he is so in love with him today. 

My thoughts were interrupted by Mr Monkey as he said, "So Altamash, Right?" I nodded. "Thank you so much to your family that they took care of Agha Jaan. Our family will be forever indebted."

"Yes son, you have returned my father to me. I can give you anything you want" As Roshini's father said, the only thing that popped into my mind was Roshni, and THAT WAS NOT RIGHT.

"It's okay, Uncle. I'm happy Agha Jaan found his family back and that his wish has been fulfilled." I said, walking towards Agha Jaan and signalling him to come to the room beside me so I could speak to him.

After 10 minutes, he made it to the room. I walked near him and whispered, " The plan is on, but do you think Roshni is the right candidate, sir? Desh ka sawal hai sir. She is about to be married to a Pakistani officer, and she thinks of herself as a Pakistani sir. why do you think she will help us? Even Kabir sir, Roshni's is a gone asset. Sir, I really think we should reconsider this plan and find someone better for it."

"Ram, I understand your worry, but you are forgetting one thing, she is my granddaughter, an Indian herself, and I'm sure she will help us. Roshni's wedding with Majoe Mubraiz is a blessing in disguise for us." Explained Agha Jaan/ Joint Secretary R&AW, Area I, trying to calm me down.