Free Donuts

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Boom!

Aaaaargh!

Hisssss...

A red smoking fist blasted a mollusk monster to chunks. The fist came from a man with a face you could draw in ten seconds.
He wore a yellow jumpsuit and a white cape, carrying a bag with leafy greens, paper bags and cans with half price tags.

"One punch, huh?"

The man said to himself rather dejected. It's been like that for him. Every monster encounter always end up the same. A monster comes out and threatens people and he finishes it with a single punch. They end up monologuing him to death so he could only blame himself for finishing the job.

"Why do villains and monsters love speeches? Can't they just shorten it? Maybe 20 words or less?" he ponders as he walks to an empty street.

Cars parked on each lane and lamp posts shining down on the pavement. The moon peaks out of the clouds and follows our caped crusader. His bald head reflecting moonlight back to its source.

"What should I have for dinner? Broth or maybe I should cook the high grade beef I bought today?"

Our hero is stuck with the dilemma of either treating himself now with the wagyu he bought with his savings or save it for tomorrow when he could buy more ingredients when the store opens.

He put his free hand in his pocket and fished out several coupons. There was a sale tomorrow so he could buy more.

"Hmm..., I could wait i guess. Its not everyday I can eat high quality meat" he said to himself while staring at the coupons at hand and saliva slides down his lips.

Thud thud thud thud

His footsteps echoed in the quiet street while he brushes of the spit on his chin. The twilight sky opens up to the dark stage and the stars appear to perform. Twinkling and shining which most bystanders didn't notice due to a exhaustion from their work.

Saitama looks up to the heavens. His head also mirror the sky somewhat. He thinks to himself and staring off into space,

"What else can I do than just being a hero?"

The heavens performed with beautiful colours, streams of light, and hint of meteor showers. It painted beautiful canvas of different colours.

Just then, he saw a new star appear beside the natural satellite. He squinted his eyes and tilted his head in confusion.

"Is that another meteor again?"

He took out his flip phone his pocket and opened it. A keychain of a chibi man with a scar and a blond black eyed cyborg hang on it.

*No new messages*

"No alert from the Hero Association"

The blue kept coming closer and closer. Saitama just walked while kept eyeing the star. He had a bad feeling the more he observed it.

He picked up speed from a walk to a jog. The star grew closer and suddenly shifted. The closer he looked, Saitama determined the thing wasn't actually a star but some sort of swirling disc.

Boom!

Saitama's instinct was on point and he sprinted which also triggered the alarms of the cars nearby.