Prologue

The city skyline glowed with the last vestiges of twilight as Lia and Adams found themselves atop a secluded rooftop, their sanctuary from the chaos below. Tension crackled in the air between them, a palpable reminder of the rivalry that simmered beneath the surface.

Lia: "Quite the view, isn't it? Shame we can't seem to agree on anything else."

Adams: "Oh, I don't know, Lia. We seem to agree on one thing at least: you're on the wrong side of this case."

Lia's jaw clenched, her gaze narrowing as she met Adams's challenging stare.

Lia: "Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you. But then again, I suppose you're used to being on the wrong side of things, aren't you?"

Adams's lips curled into a smirk, his confidence unwavering despite Lia's barbed remark.

Adams: "Careful, Lia. I wouldn't want you to trip over your own arrogance on your way down."

Lia's eyes flashed with fury, her fists clenching at her sides as she fought to maintain her composure.

Lia: "Save your threats for the courtroom, Adams. You're going to need them when you see just how outmatched you really are."

As they stood locked in a battle of wills, the city below continued to pulse with life, oblivious to the storm brewing between Lia and Adams. Little did they know, their rivalry was about to ignite into a firestorm of passion and conflict that would consume them both.