12. He is on a mission (3)

Shubman's pov

As I made Ishan sit on my lap, I instantly started driving with one  of our cars in front and one behind me, protecting mine and Mahi bhai's cars, to ensure our safety. We had four cars and they had four aswell. As they followed us trying to capture their drug dealer back, we all sped up, trying to dodge them out of the way. They had started shooting at us and as I was busy driving, ours was the only car, who wasn't attacking back.

As everyone shot at each other, I focused on driving the car and trying to dodge the gunshots. I had wanted to put the seatbelt on but with Ishan constantly moving on my lap, I was unable to do so, especially since my one arm was already injured. When his hand blocked my vision of the road ahead, I looked at him a little annoyed and saw him removing his jacket.
"What are you doing?"
I asked, not understanding what the need was, to do this in the middle of a fight.

Ishan flinched and I realized I had yelled, sounding very harsh and angry. I saw him, looking all scared and my gaze softened, but he didn't answer and continued to do whatever he was doing. I saw him wrapping his jacket around my wound and I looked at him, now regretting yelling at him.
"I just wanted to stop the bleeding."
He said innocently, looking at me with sad puppy eyes and I nodded at him. When a bullet hit our window, he flinched, not realizing the windows were bullet proof.

He had ducked his head into my chest, shutting his eyes and holding my shirt tightly. I smiled at his reaction and when he slowly opened his eyes and peaked up at me and saw me smiling, he frowned and turned to the window realizing it was bullet proof. He tried to pull away from me, but I held him in place.
"Stay where you are sweetheart, bullet proof windows can break too."
His eyes then widened, as if suddenly realizing our position and he pulled a little away.

He tried to jump over to the passenger seat  but I stopped him.
"Stay in my arms, so that I can ensure you're safe."
"I can just sit in the passenger seat and duck."
"And yet I'll be looking over at you everytime a gunshot is heard."
"But the windows are bullet proof aswell-"
"Pleaseee"
I gave him my puppy eyes, with a worried look on my face.

I knew damn well that if he had gone over to the passenger seat, I would've probably crashed into someone or something, because I'd be looking over at him to make sure he's safe, every other second. I guess he realized that too as he made himself comfortable, ducking his head a little and hugging me close to him. I then fastened the seatbelt over the both of us and he looked at me confused.
"You don't need to make me wear the seatbelt aswell Shub."

"Please wear it darling, for me?"
He nodded and kept his head on my chest again, peeking out the window. I focused my attention back to the road and saw that our team had burst the tires of two of the cars following us, successfully stopping their tail. Suddenly I felt a pull on my shirt and I looked at Ishan, he was looking out of the window and pointing at something. When I peeked out, I saw a car right next to us, pointing a gun right at the window.

He took a couple shots and there was a crack in the window due to it. I looked down at Ishan and he looked up at me. I contemplated on telling Ishan to take a gun and shoot, but I shuddered at the thought of him being in open view of the other shooter and God forbid if Ishan missed the shot, it would be a disaster.
"Ishan, hold the steering wheel for me."
He instantly turned around holding the steering wheel.

I asked him to duck down completely and hide his body beneath the window and also take over the pedals.
"Shub, how will I see the road, if I duck down completely?"
"Just keep going straight baby, I'll guide you if there's something else to be done."
As I gave complete control of the car to Ishan, and made sure he wasn't in view of the window, making him almost sit on the floor, I turned around and started lowering the window.

I shifted my seat back to protect myself from the view of the window aswell. He shot at me and I ducked back just in time for the bullet to pass and hit the passenger side window instead. I then shot at him twice, but he managed to avoid them. Figuring that I'd have to show myself to him completely for him to come out and try to shoot at me. I started raising my upper body a little out of the window giving him a clear view of me.

"Shubman, what are you doing, you'll get shot."
Ishan said trying to pull me back inside by my shirt, but I ignored him.
The shooter as expected, came into my view, out to shoot me, but before he could, I shot him straight in the head. I then aimed for the driver of the car but since he was a little far away from me, I came out of the window, standing up a little and shot him aswell. That was a bad move on my part though, as their car with the now dead driver, reeled out of control and the driver of our car, which was Ishan, couldn't really see anything.

My eyes widened in shock, at my own stupid mistake and I instantly made my way back inside the car, sitting in my seat and took away the steering wheel from Ishan. The unlucky part though, was that Ishan was still in control of the pedals and I couldn't take back the control right away as our car could reel out of control aswell. It would also take Ishan time to step away from the pedals and hand over the control, as he was practically sitting on the floor.
"ISHAN"

________________________________________

Ye maine kal post karne ka promise kiya tha, but maine aaj hi post kar diya, (it's midnight though so technically kal hi hai) thank me hihi.
(thank yosoy_sina actually usne hi gaali deke update karvaya, I wrote it at midnight for you, you better be grateful.)

Also kya matlab mere vacations chal rahe hai, aur mai bilkul velli hu, phir bhi update nai deti cuz I'm aalsi?