Prologue

❝ 𝘛𝘰𝘹𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘴, 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘨. 𝘋𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘨 ❞

As some of you may already know, I am stepping into the daylight and letting it go, releasing myself from the people who hurt me over the past few years of my life. AKA, I'm entering a new era of songwriting - ladies, gentlemen, and nonbinaries - welcome to "Treasure."

I'm using this new era of my songwriting as a clever and creative way of freeing myself from the past, only thinking about the present and concentrating on my life right now.

Most of the songs on this album / songbook will be about cutting ties with toxic people and finding new love. Some will be about everyday topics, and others will cover heartbreak and delusion, which is more of the 'Echoing Light' era, but I'm trying something new with the 'Treasure' era.

Nonetheless, I'm extremely excited to step into a new era, write more songs, step out of my comfort zone, and try new things; hell, maybe even explore some new genres! We'll see what comes up because, as I said earlier, I'm staying in the present, not dwelling on the past or wondering about the future.

The lyrics you see above are from the title track 'Treasure', which will be the first song I am publishing on this new songbook! So, by the time you're reading this prologue, the title track should be published!

And just like on Taylor's albums, I'm doing a 'emotional, vulnerable' track 5. Track 5 on this songbook is called 'Reflection', and it's basically about reminding yourself about how to move on from the past and ignore all that stuff that happened to you. I know I said I'm done with the past, but hey, it's a Rollercoaster of emotions 😉 ( I capitalized that on purpose, comment if yk )

The vibe for this album is basically 'Lover' and 'Fearless' smashed together with some mixes of other genres and topics because that's how I roll! So basically, stepping away from the past, like a butterfly out of its chrysalis ( reference to a future song ) and becoming a whole new person; mixed with the fairytales and delusion of the Fearless era.

Without further ado, let's move on to JR2, my brand new songwriting era where I stop worrying about the past and focus on my current life; welcome to 'Treasure'.

❝ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘱.
𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘢 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘴, 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ❞

 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘢 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘴, 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ❞