chapter 2

in both dakotas and frankie's opinions, their flight was much too early in the day. having to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to get to their 5 am flight on time - they were incredibly tired.

as they raced around their apartment, well - flat, grabbing their luggage and calling an uber (which they were incredibly surprised by the fact they ran this early) they finally had a moment of peace as all they had to do in the moment was just relax in the car as they watched the quiet streets of edinburgh go by.

frankie checked her phone wondering what the time was, 3:42. jesus christ. she sighed while opening spotify and putting her headphones on, but before she could pick a song she felt a tap on her shoulder, leading her to take off her headphones almost immediately after putting them on.

"who's gonna be picking us up from the airport again?"

"kota, we've been over this - quinn's picking us up, and then once we get our stuff put away back at the house we're going out for lunch."

"which ones quinn again?"

as frankie was about to snap, she just breathed in, and opened her phone to show him a photo of quinn.

"ohh, yeah him. i've stalked his posts on instagram before."

"you know, i'd ask why but i can't handle a conversation like this with you this early in the morning."

frankie slipped her headphones back on, hitting shuffle on her most recently listened to playlist.

before she knew it, the pair had made it to their terminal waiting to board the plane. since it was so early, they weren't worried about being possibly recognized since nobody in their right mind - besides frankie and dakota, would willingly wake up this early.

frankie figured since she wouldn't be able to say anything about the release of her album as it came out, she'd post about it now.

she opened instagram, swiping right - opening stories. she quickly snapped a selfie and typed a quick message into the screen before posting it to her followers.

it was hard to put into words the emotions surrounding the release - and even though it was her job to write songs, that flowed much easier than writing heartfelt notes

it was hard to put into words the emotions surrounding the release - and even though it was her job to write songs, that flowed much easier than writing heartfelt notes. she smiled, putting her phone into her pocket as it was finally time to board.

as dakota liked to call it, he was getting sugar-babied by frankie as she had secured them both first class tickets to michigan. dakota had never flown first class so he was prepared to take advantage of all the complementary items! once they got situated in their seats, the both of them were immediately ready to basically hibernate for the next 12 hours.

after waking up - multiple times, many bathroom trips and new girl episodes, they were half an hour away from landing. frankie had started to pack up their things back into their carry ons,  now deciding to wake dakota up as she knows he takes a while to actually become conscious again.