CHAPTER: 82 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-1)

ATTENTION!
AARIZ MIGHT DO SOMETHING IN THIS CHAPTER THAT MIGHT NOT BE MORALLY CORRECT BUT REMEMBER HE WAS NEVER INTRODUCED AS A GOOD BOY.

ENJOY ;)

★★★

"Laiba's mother was an orphan. Nobody knows when, why, where, and how he married her. According to Laiba's stepmother, Laiba's biological mother married him for money which I don't think is true because I don't believe in anything that comes out of that woman's mouth. She has brainwashed her husband against Laiba, instilling in his mind that Laiba is just like her mother. She manipulated and got it imprinted in his head that Laiba was going to trap someone for money and run away with him someday. Hayat Hussain has been projecting his insecurities on Laiba since forever. He is hard on Handal as well but brutal when it comes to Laiba. He became paranoid and began unnecessarily suspecting Laiba for attracting men which wasn't her fault. Guys in school and university naturally got attracted to her and every time they tried to talk to her, Handal would go and snitch on her at home, consequently getting her punished for something that's not even her fault. Hayat Hussain hit his daughters. Laiba has been on the receiving end of abuse so many times. He uses filthy language, degrades and humiliates them for no reason. That man is a monster. He doesn't have humanity left in him. He is mental. We never know what's going on in his head. We never know why he does what he does because he is not normal. He is a merciless psychopath." Sarah was telling Aariz who was quietly listening to her, his expression impassive.

Meanwhile, Zeeshan was pacing in the living room, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Does her father know she's here?" He asked Shah who was working on his laptop.

Shah didn't look up from his laptop, "Probably." He said, running his fingers on the keyboard.

Zeeshan glanced at his cousin who was seated on the chair opposite her on the dining table.

"How come she is good to him but not to me? I thought she was mad at him and held him responsible for Laiba's departure?"

"They had a long conversation before you came." Shah informed, "She isn't mad at him any more."

"I wrote a long mail too, explaining myself and she didn't even acknowledge it." He complained, "She still holds me responsible for many things."

"Why do you need her validation? You know what you did and what you didn't. People who get it, get it and people who don't, don't. Let her be mad. Why do you care?" Shah arched a brow, from above his specs.

Zeeshan stopped walking, thought about what he said and bobbed his head in understanding, "Touché."

A few minutes later, Aariz escorted Sarah to the door, assuring her that he will keep her informed about Laiba.

Zeeshan was surprised to know she still cared about Laiba. He thought she would back out, considering how broken she was when Laiba didn't let her in. It had also got her in trouble with her father. Yet, here she was, doing her bid to help Aariz and Laiba.

But, then again, wouldn't he do the same for Aariz??

Some bounds were just too strong to break, weren't they?

"Did you get it?" Aariz came back to the living room.

"Done," Shah placed the laptop on the coffee table and moved away, making space for Zeeshan and Aariz.

And once they were seated, he hit playing.

Aariz sat in the middle, with Zeeshan on his right and Shah on his left, eyes on the screen.