Chapter 3

Now I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee

These last few weeks have been exhausting

  I'm lost in my imagination

And there's one thing that I need from you

    Can you come through, through?

~ comethru (Jeremy Zucker)

SEORA POV

Lee Heeseung...of all the people in this school...how could you say her name?

I took a few steps back, ready to run out of the room if the situation arised, but as if Heeseung could read my mind, he sprinted closer to me, but not in an intimidating way.

"Please don't run away this time..." he spoke softly,

"I know you're the only one who can tell me." He finally finished, his voice heavy.

I took a deep breath, my head was pounding,

"Why do you know her name?"

He looked uneasy, "I've heard about Suzumi's murder case...a lot actually I-"

"No," I interrupted him, "I need to know why you know her name, not how."

Confusion evident in his face I continued, "Why would you mention her name now? Do you know something about her that I don't? Do you want her to haunt me forever?"

It was too late by the time I realized I was hyperventilating. My knees were shaky and my face had lost all its colour. He had unknowingly triggered a memory my brain had not accepted yet.

"Seora...your face is too pale! Please, just sit..."

"I- I can't Heeseung ... .I'm not okay..."

My body gave away and I collapsed...the last thing I felt was Heeseung holding me close, his voice murmuring, "It's okay Seora, she haunts me every day too."

*~*

I woke up to a bright light shining on its face, it's warmth was extremely uncomfortable.

Cool white walls all around me...ah yes, the school medical room. Did Heeseung bring me here?

My question was answered soon enough,

"Are you feeling okay Seora?"

Heeseung's voice felt like a fever dream...my brain felt extremely fuzzy.

"You passed out."

Now I felt annoyed, oh of course, I'd not fainted, I'd just fallen asleep on my knees.