Chapter 5

You think you're funny, right?

Calling me drunk when it's too late at night

Telling me truths that you know all are lies

Yeah, you think you're funny, right?

~ Checkmate (Conan Gray)

SEORA POV

I looked from Ni-ki to Heeseung and back to Ni-ki...there was something in Heeseung's face that told me he knew Ni-ki.

"It's you isn't it..." Heeseung whispered to Ni-ki, his forehead completely sweaty.

Lee Heeseung looked different tonight,...a good different, I hate to admit.

Ni-ki on the other hand looked confused,

"Do I know you?"

Heeseung looked at his shoes, "unfortunately, yes."

"Ni-ki stared at his senior pitifully, "what happened Hyung?"

Heeseung looked like he was about to...cry? It shocked me, his face looked so distraught.

"My brother is Lee Wonjin..."

Ni-ki gasped before taking a step back, Heeseung shook his head multiple times as if he had trouble believing it was real.

"I was there, the night it happened. The police lied."

By now, Reumi and Sunghoon were looking at us suspiciously, I held up a hand indicating that we needed a few minutes.

"Can you tell me what exactly happened?" Ni-ki asked in a voice that was barely audible.

A single tear fell from Heeseung's eyes,

"My brother did not kill your sister. Neither of us did..."

Ni-ki could barely look at Heeseung now,

"I'm sorry Hyung, can we talk later?"

"But you just said you wanted to know-"

"Not now please...I realized I'm not ready for this yet."

Ni-ki walked off without another word, I held his wrist,

"Ni-ki...can you stay for a little more time...please? Heeseung won't trouble you anymore."

"He never troubled me Noona," he answered looking surprised, "I just don't think I'm ready to hear the truth yet."

I nodded, "whenever you are ready then. Should we get on the rink now?"