14. He is caring

Shubman's pov

"Look at me baby."
When Ishan looked up, I could see his tear stained face looking devastated. I gently took his face in my hands and wiped his tears with my thumbs.
"You are safe, that's what's important."
"But you're hurt...because of me."
He whispered the last part so softly that I could barely catch it. I was really touched with his concern.

"You're concerned about me."
I stated, but it sounded more like a question.
"Ofcourse I am."
I couldn't control the smile that was brought on my face, due to that confession.
"Stop smiling!"
"I'm sorry, I can't help it."
I replied with a big grin on my face, feeling all giddy with his worry for me. My smile, thankfully, brought a small smile to his face as well.

We both smiled at each other and he started looking at my wounds again. Holding his chin, I guided his gaze back on my face and he instantly started looking at my forehead which now had a small bandaid on it.
"I'm okay, trust me."
He finally looked into my eyes.
"I trust you."
We sat there, staring at each other for a while, neither of us looking away.

"I should let you rest."
He said finally looking away and slowly getting up and leaving the room. I wanted to stop him and ask him to stay with me, but I somehow couldn't get myself to say the words out loud and just watched him leave. Probably for the best, I thought. Sighing, I went to sleep. For the next few days, he was always there, taking care of me and pampering me. And me being the brat I was, loved being babied by him.

The wound on my forehead had healed, with Ishan constantly taking care of it, by changing the bandages. The gunshot wound however was still not completely fine. The doctor hadn't taken the stitches out yet and Ishan was regularly changing the bandages on my arm. Just like right now he was sitting in front of me, with the first aid box sprawled on the bed next to him. I was wearing a sleeveless shirt due to the bandage on my arm.

He started working on the wound, removing the old bandage and discarding it. Putting on antiseptic on my wound, which hurt like a bitch, but I pretended that it was nothing. He then bandaged it back up and throughout it all, I just kept shamelessly staring at him, admiring his features, just like I did every single time he came to change the bandages. He then turned his attention back on my forehead and scooted closer to me and started removing the bandaid.

"It's healed."
I just nodded, not really paying attention to what he was saying.
"Hello? Are you even listening?"
He asked waving his hand in front of my face and I instantly snapped out of my trance. I couldn't find it in me to care enough though, as my eyes traveled across his face and landed back on his lips.

Looking at his soft plump lips, I subconsciously licked mine and that ended up with his gaze snapping towards my lips aswell and the both of us sat there staring at each other's lips. I leaned in and his eyes widened a little but he made no move of pushing me away. He didn't move back or hesitate, but I still stopped right near his lips. I wouldn't do this like the last time. The last time we were this close, I had no control over my body and had pecked his lips.

Thankfully, the last time, before I could've properly kissed him, Rish had interrupted us. This time however, we were alone in our mansion, with no one to interrupt us. I had decided I would do it correctly this time with his consent and so I stopped with our lips not even centimeters apart. I could just tilt my head a little and our lips would be touching. It was tempting but I had to ask him first. I was just about to open my mouth to ask him for his permission to kiss him.

But before my mouth could utter a single word, his hand had made it's way to the back of my neck, jerking me forward and attaching our lips together. I had instantly responded back, smiling a little into the kiss, at his eagerness. I closed my eyes and one of my hands made their way towards his waist pulling him closer and the other rested on his face, caressing his cheek softly.

His hands were in my hair, tugging at it, making me groan a little. I pinched his waist and pulled him even closer, making him sit on my lap. He gasped due to this and my tongue made way, entering in his mouth and tasting every corner of it. His mouth tasted sweet, so freaking sweet. I couldn't have enough of him. As my hand roamed around his body, feeling the dip and curves of his waist, his hands slowly traveled down my hair.

His hands traveled to my neck and then my shoulders, making me shiver, with the slow and sensual way, in which his hands traveled. As his hands went down lower they accidentally made their way to my bandaged injured bicep and I flinched a little. He instantly pulled away, breaking the kiss and retracting his hands from my body. He looked at me with guilt visible in his eyes and I immediately regretted flinching.

I know, how dumb it was for me to think that flinching due to pain could be in my control. I would've still tried my best to control it though, if it meant that I wouldn't be seeing this guilty look on Ishan's face and I wouldn't watch him getting out of my lap, or hear him apologize. But most importantly, I could've continued to kiss him. Oh God, I sounded whipped.
"I'm sorry."
He said looking down and I shook my head in frustration.

"I'm okay, I swear-"
"You should rest."
He said looking back up at me and I just stared at his face for a while before nodding. He stood up to leave the room when I held his wrist stopping him. He looked back down at me, raising his eyebrow in question.
"Stay with me?"
He looked at me a little shocked and I gave him my best puppy face.

"Please?"
He sighed a little, melting because of my eyes and got in bed next to me.
And that is how the both of us ended up sharing a room, every single day.

________________________________________

I don't even know, what I've written honestly. Just wanted to give a fluff chapter.