31. Wannabe

Now don't go wasting my precious time,

Get your act together and we could be just fine

Grim threw a whooping total of TWO punches before crawling back to safety (Yuu), the brunette haired boy only sighed as he saw the four of you continue to fight. You were much smaller than Jack so it was easier to dodge, leaving you unscathed, if you don't count the bulldoze of a punch that Jack threw into your upper left arm.

(Ace threw four punches before calling it a day if you're wondering.)

Deuce was holding his own ground particularly well, while he was dodging and punching Jack, he was remembering the talk between you and him during the errand run for the tarts.

You, on the other hand, were struggling a bit more, you weren't good at actual combat, you always made sure your situations would never escalate to you getting physically hurt, but today you were feeling impulsive. You noted to yourself that you need to learn the transformation spell if there is one, it's a matter of who you're gonna ask though...

Jack has and is working out in his free time, so dealing with two people who were much smaller than him, it was easy as expected, but he was still impressed, you both were tougher than you looked. Especially you, your attacks were sharper and quicker, he concluded that you just lacked power.

But nothing couldn't be fixed without proper training and diet.

Jack panted as he was pushed by you both, he didn't immediately fight back and so that marked the end of your fight, you both straightened your back as Jack stood up properly as well. You huffed onto your wrist as you regained your composure, deuce doing the same beside you.

"Huff... you guys are too into this, at this point I don't care about being picked..." Ace whined behind you, getting an eye-roll from Yuu and a harsh pat on the shoulder, earning a look from Ace. "He punched me right on the heart..." Grim swayed weakly, dramatically toppling over yuu's foot, making the brunette deadpan.

"At this point we should run off into the sunset and disappear" Yuu complained, massaging his facial cheeks in mild frustration, walking towards the fighting people, carefully kicking Grim off his shoes and onto the courtyard grass. "Alright, I've made my decision" Jack announced, dusting off his uniform, Ace merely rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, it just took one fight to decide," Ace grumbled, running through a hand through his hair, but Jack merely ignored him, staring straight at you and the other Ramshackle people. "I'm betraying my dorm..."

"Yeahhh-"

"But I just CAN'T take this anymore!!" Jack growled, but he looked more pissed at his dorm than you guys, but that didn't stop from any of you from flinching at his sudden mood swing and loud tone.

"Holy fuck, these guys are serious extremists" you mumbled under your breath, dusting and fixing your own uniform. But Jack kept rambling about his... distaste for his dorm.

"This tournament is all about measuring your skills, so cowardly fights should be out of the question.! I've put myself through the wringer just to see how big I can go at the tournament! I want nothing but my own work and power to win!" Jack spoke with extreme integrity, but it rubbed you and Ace the wrong way while Deuce looked like a proud, sympathizing mom at a baseball game.

"Oh sevens, he's an ass..." Ace muttered, leaning to the side you were standing on, making you lean towards him as well, nodding in agreement. (Looking like two baddie besties) As much as Jack wasn't saying anything morally wrong- actually, he seems to be an upstanding guy, but you couldn't just shake off the really awkward feeling that was swirling within you.