Chapter 8

Hope when the crowd screams out

It's screaming your name

Hope if everybody runs

You choose to stay

~ I Lived (OneRepublic)

SUNOO POV

I woke up with a start, cold sweat drenching my body. I had a bad dream...

I sat up straight and checked the time on my phone, "2:06 a.m." It was the dead of night, so how were the lights on? From the translucent curtains of my window, I could see a flickering glow on a window of the girls dorm building, right in front of mine.

I opened the curtain and my eyes widened...it couldn't be-

"Shit! The room was on fire!"

Within minutes, the view had become hazy with smoke and I ran outside, rushing to the warden.

His face became furious when he saw me,

"What on earth do you think you're doing outside your room this late at night?"

"Sir, the girls building! It's on fire!"

His eyes were as big as saucers as he ran down the stairs,

"Alert the other boys, Keep the fire extinguishers ready. Alert the medical room staff as well!"

I frantically rang doorbells as Jay, Heeseung, Jungwon and Jake rushed out, evidently aware of what was going on,

"Did you see the-"

"We know!" Jake cried out, "A fire broke out on the sixth floor. I'm guessing it was the laboratory room as per the location but I'm not completely sure."

More boys spilled out of their rooms and the chaos only intensified, we could now hear shouting from the direction of the building.

We all rushed to the first floor as we handed over fire extinguishing supplies to the guards. Soon, firefighters had arrived too. But the fire had spread across half the floor now.

"Fuck..." Jay murmured, "I think Seora's room's on the sixth floor..."

Heeseung looked horrified, "Oh hell no."

Ni-ki rushed down from the third floor, "Is there any space left in the boys building?"

We all fell silent.

Jungwon looked extremely downcast, "where will those girls stay?"

We watched the scene as girls rushed out of their rooms and stood crying while looking at the building. I spotted her in the crowd then,