Chapter 10

Fighting with a true love is

 boxing with no gloves

Chemistry 'til it blows up,

 'til there's no us

~ Afterglow (Taylor Swift)

(TIME SKIP: 3 days)

SUNGHOON POV

I usually spent Monday mornings at the skating rink or the park but I'm feverishly skimming over my study material. Today is the chemistry assessment and I feel like burying myself. Chemistry is my least favorite subject.

Jake and Sunoo had been helping me out but I still don't think I'm completely ready. The only person who could help me understand chemistry once upon a time was Hwang Seora.

Once upon a time?

That was before she gave up on science. The girl barely looks at her books anymore. I remember when she'd first joined, she was crazy about science. Science this, science that, she believed science was everywhere and maybe I had started believing it too...her enthusiasm was contagious.

Flashbacks

"Park Sunghoon, please take Hwang Seora for a tour of the school later today? Okay?"

"Yes Miss."

*~*

"So...Seora right? What's your favorite subject?" I asked as we walked along the school corridors.

Her entire face lit up at the question, as if an entire galaxy flooded into her eyes.

"Science of course! It's the best subject ever!"

I shook my head in disbelief, "How can you like science?"

She laughed, "How can you not?"

"Chemistry is especially difficult..." I mumbled as she stared at me in surprise.

"I could help you!" she answered, her starry eyes gleaming, "Tell me, who are your best friends in the school?"

"Kim Sunoo, Park Jeongseong, Yang Jungwon and Jang Reumi." I answered shyly, my cheeks turning pink.

"Wonderful! Now tell me, do you guys interact a lot? You guys probably have a few fights right? And you all certainly are unique?"

"Y-yes?" I answered, confused.

"Chemistry is just like that! But instead of people, it deals with elements... You know, I think of the periodic table as one big friend group. Some friends are closer than the others. Some friends are similar and some are different! But they all live peacefully and they all are important!"