The Mastermind

Naitik's POV

Following Mother's instructions, I made my way to the royal hall. She wouldn't let me do anything to get close to Vaishnavi. I feel like I'm about to lose my mind without being able to see her.

She wouldn't let me leave the palace or use magic. I pushed open the hall door to find her sitting gracefully on the throne.

"Oh, my boy! Darling, come here." She said it in a rather sweet tone, which was suspicious. Did she do something?

"Mother, I feel something is wrong. Have you done anything?" I questioned her as she departed the throne and walked down the mini-stairs.

"Come here first. Why do you feel that way?" She inquired, confirming that she had taken action.

She turned away from me as she walked toward the enchanted orbs and chanted a few charms. The orb glowed and showed some scenes.

"My child. This was the only way to get her away from those people." She explained it before I could comprehend it.

I watched as Vaishnavi saw those fugly humans getting intimate. It must have hurt, but it was the only way to prevent her from becoming attached to someone other than me. I thought so until I noticed her weeping in the car alone.

As her almost silent cries reverberated in the room, I felt a piercingly terrible pain in my chest. I fell to the ground and cried in agony, "Ahh!"

"Naitik! What happened? Did it hurt?" Mother composed herself as if she knew this would happen. Her panicked expression went away as soon as it came.

"Why did this happen?" I asked her. The pain was like pricking niddles in the heart.

"A sense of betrayal! You dare to go against me!" She shrieked like a madwoman. Was this discomfort connected to my devotion to the realm?

"Why!? Why did you give her so much pain?" My wolf was on the surface. I was losing my mind over the fact that my mother did something like that.

"Stay within your limits! You are barely a half-breed." Her words struck me like lightning. I know that being half-breed was not considered auspicious. People would avoid the half-breeds.

My father was a werewolf, and my mother—I am not sure of her origin. Most likely, she was a fairy, but then she became evil. She was a real fairy.

"I hadn't expected you to say that. Certainly not you," I said before leaving. She hurt me with the same thing many times, and I hope she will realize this soon.

She was the mastermind behind all this.

Aayush's POV

It's been a few weeks since the Rathores left without informing. I haven't gotten any word from either of the siblings.

I looked at the photo of me with the twins. But honestly, they don't look like twins. And they are not, obvious. I looked at the mark on the back of my hand.

After a few days, I would turn eighteen. The mark would transform into my soulmates' initials. I wonder if she is my mate.

Frankly, I don't see a reason to give two mate suggestions at a time. Though someone can't be mateless until someone curses them, this seems pointless.

Vaishnavi looked so happy in the picture. I wonder if she is happy right now. I looked up her name on a search engine. Many photoshoot pictures of her were there.

I felt a presence behind me. I turned to find my brother standing there.

"Bhaiya, what are you doing here? What will you do if someone sees you?" I asked, but he just stared at my phone. Was something wrong? He didn't seem to be in a good mood.

Then I saw his eyes change colour. It flickered from black to hazel. Something was wrong.

"What were you seeing?" He asked me in a dead-calm voice. I looked at my phone, then at him. Should I tell him about my feelings for her?

"Naitik bhaiya..." I paused to process what to say. But then he stepped forward.

"Just fucking tell me, what exactly did you see on your phone?" He let out a snarl. His eyes plainly showed that his wolf was going to take over.

I told him, "Vaishnavi's photos." He grabbed the collar of my shirt. He looked scary. I was terrified.

"Why?" He didn't loosen his grip over my shirt; instead, he pulled me closer to him."Be- because I love her!" I replied in a hurry. He put me down and chuckled darkly. Not a chuckle anyone would like to hear.

"Do you even know what love is?" He stroked the collar of my shirt while asking me the question.

"Why do you ask?" I counter-questioned, which seemed a wrong move.

"Because you are a fucking idiot who is eyeing my mate." I tried to process what he just told me. She's his mate?

"Don't joke about such a thing!" I looked at him with teary eyes. I didn't want to, but I did.

"Is it your expectation that I will make light of this? Are you a fucking moron?!"He said this while holding my neck and pressing me against the wall.

"Just. Forget about her. She's my mate, and no one has the right to eye her." He said as he loosened his grip on my neck.

"I'll let you off with a warning since you're my brother." He said and left. I was here sitting on the floor, looking pathetic. She's his mate? I laughed at why such a thing happened to me.

"I am a fucking moron!" I yelled as the gravity of the situation drowned in me. But it wasn't wrong to love or like someone, right?

This is unfair. Though we are half brothers, this doesn't give him the authority to speak to me like that. Good, no one's home right now. 

That wasn't going to change my feelings for her anyway. Should I also join her in Jodhpur?