33. Ocean Eyes

Tw: bullying, implied racism, body shaming (very short though)

👁️‍🗨️ oculos 

You and Riddle walked side by side towards his 'chamber', you mentally laughed when he said that, referring to your bedroom like that is crazy...

Stop messing around.

Riddle stopped at the darkly colored, oak wood, double door at the end of the dorm halls, thankfully there were less people in the halls this time around, Riddle explained that it must've been time for the other student's to start doing their chores around the dorm, you didn't really asked but you just concluded that he was nervous.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Riddle asked, sitting on his desk chair, you noticed easily that everything in his room was in placed perfectly, he probably owns a dust whipper or whatever they're called.

You stayed standing, now the real talk was going to start, you shifted your weight onto a leg and leaned against a wall, in your head you sorted out your thoughts so it could at least be cohesive.

"Remember when you mentioned that girl's name in the nurse's room..?" You started, obviously you knew the name but you skipped over it unconsciously, you felt like a child speaking in a hush tone because they just learned swear words. It made you cringe...

Riddle only let out an "Oh," then held his chin in between his fingers in thought, it wasn't like he was recalling the name but phrasing the sentences in his head. The silence seemed so thick, it made you feel like you were a criminal under interrogation even though you haven't been doing anything, hell, you're the one asking questions.

"Do you mean, [Name?]" Riddle asked cautiously, you nodded, Riddle tilted his head in slight thought and confusion, "What about it? I thought you didn't want to talk about it?" Riddle continued, his eyes flickered with slight concern, just what happened to you that you wanted to revisit to what seemed like such a touchy topic?

"It's just... I just wanna know, how did you know that name?"

Riddle's gaze shifted tot he side in thought as he recalled the memory, he opened his mouth to explain.

Riddle stood stiffly in what seemed like an endless slate, jumping slightly when a black, ink like figure emerged from the ground, the figure seemed docile, merely standing in front of him, not saying a word, it didn'T even have a mouth, just two white, sad droopy eyes as its most memorable feature.

The figure and him stood quiet, at that moment, Riddle felt so weak and confused, he almost felt like yelling at the creature, wanting to scream at it to go away- but something about the blotchy figure felt so... so small, so vulnerable, just like him, even though the figure was taller than him...

After a few more moments of uncomfortable silence, the figure walked passed him and in front of him, thats when the male noticed that the figure had wings, but they weren't like wings that he would see on flamingos or birds.. they looked like something that a religious painter would draw to depict an...