{Prim}✨ The Ungodly Usurper

When a ruthless assassin encounters a legendary sword, he's plunged into Purgatory—where his fight for redemption might be his deadliest mission yet.

Summary :

Hunapo Myvel, a ruthless assassin with nearly 7,000 kills, meets his match when he encounters the Hollow, a demonic creature capable of splitting into multiple forms. Despite his skill with weapons, Hunapo is severely injured and faces certain death.

In his darkest moment, a voice calls out to him, offering a second chance. The voice belongs to Excalibur, the legendary Holy Sword, which grants him extraordinary power and revives him from the brink of death. With Excalibur's help, Hunapo defeats the Hollow, but a portal pulls him into Purgatory, a realm filled with tormented souls in eternal conflict.

In Purgatory, Hunapo meets Callie, the personification of Excalibur. She explains that he has been chosen for a greater purpose, despite his violent past. Together, they must navigate the chaotic realm and fulfill Excalibur's mission to restore balance. Hunapo's journey now focuses on redemption and understanding the power within him, as he prepares for the battles that lie ahead.

Cover : 4/5
An anime-inspired cover showcases a bold boy and girl ready for action. The energetic art hints at a high-octane storyline. A great tease for fans of adventure and dynamic characters.

Title : The Ungodly Usurper - 4/5

The title is intriguing and suggests a conflict involving power dynamics and rebellion. It effectively sets the tone for a dark and dramatic storyline. However, it could be a bit more specific to distinguish the story from others with similar themes.

Blurb : 4/5

The blurb provides a clear overview of the story's premise, introducing the main character and the central object of interest—the sword Excalibur. The intertwining fates and the quest to slay the Gods suggest an epic narrative with high stakes. It does a good job of creating interest without giving too much away. However, it could be improved by hinting at the emotional journey or conflict the protagonist might face, adding depth to the initial appeal.

Characters : 7/10

Hunapo Myvel is a compelling and complex character, with a brutal background and a unique relationship with violence. His development from an assassin to someone who might find redemption or a higher purpose is intriguing. Excalibur, or "Callie," brings a contrasting warmth and humor, creating an interesting dynamic. However, the supporting characters and the demonic entities could use more depth to avoid feeling one-dimensional.

Plot : 6/10

The plot has a strong opening, with intense action and a supernatural twist that drives the narrative forward. The encounter with the Hollow and the revelation of Excalibur set up an engaging premise. However, the transition between scenes can feel abrupt, and the progression from one event to the next might benefit from smoother pacing and more detailed explanations. The plot's overall direction is promising, but it could use more structure and cohesion.

Grammar & Vocabulary : 3/5

The grammar and vocabulary are generally solid, but there are a few errors and inconsistencies. Some sentences are a bit convoluted, affecting readability, and the use of slang or casual language can feel out of place in certain contexts. A more thorough editing pass could improve clarity and flow, making the text easier to follow.

Enjoyment : 4/5

The story is enjoyable, with a strong action-oriented start and a promising plotline involving supernatural elements and mythological themes. The interactions between Hunapo and Excalibur bring humor and lightness to an otherwise dark setting. The pacing could be improved, and the characters need more depth, but the overall narrative is engaging and leaves the reader wanting to know more.

Overall : 3.5/ 5

The story has a lot of potential with a captivating title, a unique blurb, and an intriguing plot concept. The characters are promising, especially with the dynamic between Hunapo and Excalibur. However, the pacing and plot transitions could use improvement, and the grammar and vocabulary would benefit from further editing. With some refinement, this story could be a gripping addition to the dark fantasy or action genres.

**Disclaimer**: This review reflects my personal opinion and may contain some spoilers. I don't hold any personal grudges; I'm just here to share my thoughts and offer some constructive feedback to help the writers enhance their work. Writing is a tough job, and I appreciate the effort that goes into it. Everyone has their own perspective, so I encourage you to form your own opinion. This review is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Keep up the great work, and enjoy the process of storytelling!

Story's author: huykage
Reviewer : the_lonely_pi

■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■