Chapter 17

I was so ahead of the curve, the curve became a sphere

Fell behind on my classmates, and I ended up here

Pouring out my heart to a stranger

But I didn't pour the whiskey

~ this is me trying (Taylor Swift)

(TIME SKIP: 2 DAYS)

SEORA POV

The well awaited weekend arrived at last. I had one morning class today but other than that, freedom.

I shook Heeseung awake. He groaned sleepily, stretching his arms as I giggled.

"It's Saturday! You know what that means?"

He smiled, "I get to spend time with my angel?"

His morning voice saying the words, 'my angel,' had my heart thumping.

*~*

"Alright class, I think you all probably have an idea of why this extra class was arranged." Our biology teacher announced, standing beside our physics and chemistry teacher.

"The ISRE circular has been pinned on the notice board. Is everyone aware of that?"

The class shouted yes in unison. She continued,

"After your quarter assessment results are announced, a rank list will be uploaded on our school website. Top twenty students will be given red cards and the remaining will have their cards taken away. Is that understood?"

Another yes, this time, a less enthusiastic one.

"Based on the rank list, our school will conduct surprise tests to select pupils for the ISRE. These pupils, once chosen, cannot turn down the opportunity to represent our school at the national level. You will be trained by the school for two months. Then, you will be giving the exam in September. If our school team clears the exam, they will be taken to the hosting country by the school. There, you will be in a training camp for two weeks before your final round takes place. The top five nations are awarded." she concluded.

There were excited murmurs and whispers. "Any questions?" the teachers asked.

Jake raised his hand, "Who's the hosting country this year?"

The teachers exchanged glances before smiling at him,

"I believe we are already there Mr. Sim."

I gasped out loud, looking at Heeseung who looked equally as surprised. Jake and Jungwon looked disappointed and so did most of the class.