Chapter 19

Mom says, "Ditch the hobbies, find a job to pursue"

Dad says, "Don't go chasing dreams if you can't go through"

"David couldn't do it, so neither could you"

Now I've got something to prove

~ Price of Perfection (Katherine Lynn-Rose)

(TIME SKIP: 3 DAYS)

JUNGWON POV

It was Friday and only the last day before the performance fest. The school was in a festive atmosphere. The normally dull blue, white and grey building was now covered in banners, streamers and pretty lights. It was one of the few times you would not see a student here fretting about studies.

As class president, it is my duty to greet the parents tomorrow. They will be attending the shows and a few media representatives might be present as well, which made it all the more important that everything went smoothly. After all, our school was famous.

"Hey Jungwon! Have you seen Jay?" Xin Yi asked me, huffing for breath.

"He's in the music room for band practice, why?"

"Nothing much...just wanted to tell him something."

She ran off as I pondered over the question...I wondered if Jay had confessed to her.

*~*

After making the arrangements for the parents, I decided to pay the band a visit. Since our dance practice was in the evening, I had some free time before Ni-ki decided to grill us.

"Oh hey guys! Can I get a mock-up?"

Jay nodded, "Sure. Guys, let's give this one all we've got, 1, 2, 3 go!"

*~*

The performance was top notch. It felt like they were being trained by professionals all along. What surprised me the most was Heeseung's voice and Seora's piano skills. They somehow were all rounders. Gosh, god has favourites.

"Have you guys decided the dress code?" I asked.

"Oh right!" Jay exclaimed, "We're matching the concept so dark red and black. The boys are wearing black and the girls are doing red."

"Good," I nodded, ill inform the principal that everything is ready. I hope all of your parents are coming tomorrow?"

Everyone but Seora, who bit her lip, looked sure.

"Mine don't usually attend school functions...I can only find out tomorrow."

"No problem., we have plenty of seats."