Chapter one

"Run!" I yelled; jumping the fence,ripping my jeans at the knee. The crowd rushing past as I stumble.All around me I hear panic and screaming.The sound of sirens pierces through it all.The smell of sweat permeated the air.All of a sudden a car came screeching to a stop in front of me.
"Get in." a deep voice said. So of course the crowd flees from the maniac driver trying to run them over. As we drive the deep voice is muttering under its breath.
"Mom you didn't have to disguise your voice."
"You disguised your face."
"No I didn't"
" you did in here" she said gestured to her head.
" you are honestly crazy" I uttered with my head in my hands.
"Hey!" She snapped."I am still mad at you for sneaking out, to a rave of all things!"
" It was not a rave it was a 'concert'"
We arrive home at around 3:30-ish.
"You are lucky I was awake, you would not last a minute in prison."
"Mom no one is going to go to jail for listening to Tøp. It's just a rumor."
"Well how do you know, your cousin went to jail for just that!"
"I do not have a cousin."
"Yes you do sweetie in here"
" Mom will you give up on your fantasies!"I say angrily
Moms face instantly drops, any expression gone.
"Mom! No." I barely whisper. " Not again."
If I couldn't snap her out of it soon she would be in this mood for weeks. Not moving , barely eating, and quietly muttering to herself.
"How has my cousin been...Mom hello," I wave my had in her face."How is Sean."
My mother's small , frail voice answers " He has been very nice in fact, he got early parol."
" That's good ,very good." I say a I walk her to her room." Goodnight" I whisper as if she could hear me. I walk away slowly to my room and flopped onto my bed.